• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Movie Review] Resident Evil: Apocalypse

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I enjoyed the first Resident Evil movie, so I was looking forward to seeing the sequel. I wasn't expecting for it to be as good as the first, but even so I was fairly disappointed with it overall. The dialogue was pretty lousy, the plotlines seemed unorganized and were sequenced in strange ways, and some things were either left unexplained or were explained almost entirely at the end instead of revealing bits and pieces throughout. Some of the action sequences were fun to watch, although I was very annoyed by the choice of camera effects for the groups of zombies walking around. And if you get annoyed by fight scenes where you can hardly tell what is going on, then you will probably hate this movie. The story was pretty weak overall, partly because the purpose of what was going on during the movie was somewhat unclear, and partly because most of the information was told through multiple series of flashbacks. In most cases, the frequent use of flashbacks is a sign of immature screenwriting. There will probably be a third installment,
as the movie ends with a new plot forming, much like at the end of the first.
If you're wanting a good zombie movie, I recommend "28 Days Later" or "Dawn of the Dead."

2/5 OSNN Stars

CipheR

OSNN Junior Addict
Personally, I really enjoyed this movie, and had no problem at all understanding and following the story lines. The dialogue was purposeful and met the needs of a movie such as this one. What more did you need in a story line? This isn't "Gone with the wind" it's an action horror film. There will definitely be a third movie, and I look forward to it, just as I looked forward to this one...

CipheR

Scooter

Random Apple Dude
Resident Evil movie number 1 = load of codswollop (rubbish)
28 Days Later = meah ok
Shaun of the Dead = rocked my socks offfffff!

(all in my humble opinion of course :) )

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
CipheR said:
Personally, I really enjoyed this movie, and had no problem at all understanding and following the story lines. The dialogue was purposeful and met the needs of a movie such as this one. What more did you need in a story line? This isn't "Gone with the wind" it's an action horror film. There will definitely be a third movie, and I look forward to it, just as I looked forward to this one...

CipheR
CipheR, I don't expect Oscar-caliber writing in a movie such as this, but I don't like it when action film writers rely on cheesy, "clever" one-liners. It's a cliche that doesn't need to define the genre. As for the plotlines, it wasn't so much of "I don't understand what is going on," but more of a problem with the structuring of the subplots that made the flow of the story choppy. What do I ask for? Mainly a horror movie that tries to steer clear of the cliches, and this one didn't.

We'll see what others think after seeing it. As for the reviews it's getting though, Rottentomatoes has it with 13 positive reviews out of 60 total for a lousy 22%. Compare that to 89% for "28 Days Later" and 76% for "Dawn of the Dead." I'm not one to rely on one critic's opinions, but I do tend to agree with the opinion of a critical mass.

paul2-0-0-2 said:
28 Days Later Not a Zombie Film lol
Why isn't it? It deals with a virus that spreads to create creatures that resemble zombies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix