[Movie Review] Pirates of the Carribean 3

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I loved the first movie and the second, though a mediocre movie, was entertaining :)

However, with the utter debacle in quality of the Spiderman and Shrek, I didn't know what to expect. Fortunately, POTC didn't start with an "S" :cool:

The pacing of the movie is very brisk, perhaps brisker than the 2nd installment. The familiar characters are all back and there is perhaps the addition of a couple too many peeps. Good thing they don't stay around too long :smoker:

The movie is long, but it didn't feel that long, the story is as mediocre as the second but, as with the 2nd, it's entertaining and at the end of the day, that is what counts.

Acting, well, let's just say that the quality of the acting is a few notches below the first 2, except for Geoffery Rush (and Keith Richards, surprisingly). Even Depp looks a little flat and un-inspired BUT the gags and funnies are plentiful and CONTINUE to be meaningful and draw laughter, unlike Shrek 3 where they were just tired.

The music, as always, is good and the plot twists border on the ridiculous but somehow seem to make sense at the end. Or not, but the entertainment factor was high enough that it wasn't a total waste.

there are a few things this movie could have done without. The whole Calypso, Davy Jones part, WHAT THE HECK. Total waste of time and neither had any redeeming qualities at the end or contributed in any significant way

Overall, it was decent enough for me to say, go watch it, eat your popcorn and be merry. Just keep your expectations down a touch. The first decent summer-ish blockbuster I reckon. The others just sucked (or blew).

3.5/5 OSNN stars. No classic, but then neither was the 2nd :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this on saturday with my folks and sister and enjoyed it :)

PS: spolier tags dont end with quote close tags :p

A lot of people that I know that went to see it said that it was way too long and slow in the middle.

Who cares, Johnny Depps in it and thats all I need to know ;) :cheeky:

Just watched it today. Yes, a little slow at times, but I enjoyed it overall. Very entertaining, as were the first two parts. :)

Agree with Saz about the pointless plot areas, where the whole first half of the film became unncessary in relation to what happened in the second half.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back