[Movie Review] Meet the Fockers

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I watched this last weekend and really had a good time :)

the movie is well paced, with decent acting all round (no one is likely to win an oscar, but the OTT acting is certainly well within bounds with the characters in this story)

some things are obviously predictable for anyone who watched the first movie and does tend to place a little bit of a drag on the storyline...

however the comedic pacing and the various situations all the characters routinely get themselves into is amusing throughout...

not much I can say about this movie w/o giving away little secrets, but it was well fun and worth it for a night out :)

3.5/5 osnn stars :)

thank you, I was waiting for you to start seeing some decent hours so you can go see movies again. Ahh Holiday season SUX!

anytime...

I just wish more people posted reviews rather than the 4-5 regulars :D

i really want to see this, but will probably wait until its available on dvd.

will see this, cause i see most things, but i remeber not being overly impressed with the first one, I think it was because i hated Stillers character :)

I don't post reviews cause they tend to be "Well I liked/didn't like it. Have no idea if anyone else will" and thats it :)

unlike political topics... likes/dislikes for movies don't lead to flaming :D

Sazar said:
unlike political topics... likes/dislikes for movies don't lead to flaming :D
They would do if I didn't have any self control :) another reason i tend not to get involved

I saw it last sunday and thought the movie to be "ok". It's not as good as the first IMHO as they forced in alot of sexual innuendo into most every scene trying to force a laugh instead of just letting them come natural like the first one. In all it was amusing but nothing I'll probably watch again.

3/5

I saw this movie a while back and I thought it fit perfectly with the first and that's why i thought it was so good. Had this been a stand alone movie and not a sequel I wouldn't have liked it.

*too add my taste in movies is jumpy and not very consistent so I tend to stay away from reviews because I will love movies as bad as Bio-Dome (see avatar) and then hate movies that most people like

lol...i love bio-dome! I saw the movie a few weekends ago and thought it was better than the first. Even tho I like the movie i prob wont watch it 1 more time cause there are some movies that dont need to be watched again and again. I can watch napoleon dynamite, tommy boy, or black sheep alot and still love them.

I went to see it today and it was an excellent movie. I saw it with my family, but even they liked it a lot. It did force a few laughs, but it is not that bad.

I especially like the part where he baby starts saying *******, or when it glues it's own hands to the freaking bottle of vodka.

X-Istence said:
I went to see it today and it was an excellent movie. I saw it with my family, but even they liked it a lot. It did force a few laughs, but it is not that bad.

I especially like the part where he baby starts saying *******, or when it glues it's own hands to the freaking bottle of vodka.

.. Well i was gonna go see it when it comes out :lick: (23rd i think it's out?)

Heh - ah well, if a baby starts swearing and it's ruined for me - I'll blame X-istence :rolleyes:

My fault for reading a review

You should of put spoliers!!! Damn u x!!!!! The 23rd is the date for when it was released in december into movie theaters.

It was funny, I had a good time...

X-Istence said:

Or the time, after the former CIA agent/Greg Focker's father in law to be, thought he had Greg in a lie concerning his illegitamate son with the nanny. He ended up himself, outside the circle of trust as he was driving off. He realized what he had done, after word came back from his contacts that Hor Hey (sp?) I think it was, was not his son. The kid again said ûûûûûûû, and he was like "yeah, you're right" as he turned around and went to drive back...

Sazar said:
I just wish more people posted reviews rather than the 4-5 regulars

Several of us perhaps, don't feel we'd be all that good at providing a movie review. I don't think I'd do that good a job at it, so tbh, it isn't my first preference to provide one.

The other thing (yes, one wouldn't necessarily be flamed, like in political discussions), but unlike a political discussion one isn't trying to hold back whatever might give away the plot. There's a certain reservation "this might give away too much" and "I should leave that out too". If I were to do a review, it would probably turn into a post which is almost entirely a spoiler tag, with little mentioned otherwise :D Else it would turn into something so short, little would be said.

tbh, when I go to the movies I don't really pay much attention to the actors, director's, etc...and don't really care all that much about the credits. Just isn't my cup of tea really, and something I largely tend to ignore...

I go more to watch a movie/be entertained, and as such pay more attention to the plot and the story itself. That's more of what I would have to talk about, but it's the plot one shouldn't give away...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back