[Movie Review] Max Payne

Sazar

Rest In Peace
For anyone who loved the games or loves the movies, don't bother watching this.

The movie sucks. The pacing is weak, the story is laughable and the score is abysmal. The acting, I've seen better in high-school plays.

I had high-hopes because of the previews but apparently the entire creativity budget for the movie went into the advertising. Wahlberg is passable as Max but Mona Sax's character is absolutely redundant in the movie. The GEICO gecko could have sleep walked through and no one would have been any the wiser at the end.

The only redeeming bits of the movie are the locations (resemble those in the game), the graffiti and some dialogue (resemble those in the game), the ONE scene of "bullet time" and the names.

Oh and btw there is a super-secret bit after the credits but it is so pointless and laughable, I have no idea why I wasted my 5 minutes sitting for SOMETHING to redeem this movie.

2.5/5 stars (only for nostalgia). Save your money. Go watch something useful.

Btw, the Valkyrie trailer for Tom Cruise's movie looks BRILLIANT.

Yeah I had high hopes for it too. The trailers made it look like a modern take on the film noir genre.... Just like the game was! But I've read nothing but bad things about it.

Awwww, damnit! I LOVED the games, and I was so looking forward to a good movie. What a pity and a ruin of an awesome theme.

I liked the film, but i have to agree that it was flimsy.

I didn't wait for the super secret whatever... movie was, ehh. :ermm: Scenery was good. Only real thing it did for me was want to fire up my PS2 and play the games again. Wish there had been more of Mona's sister Natasha. :lick: Pity she wound up being a hack job. :rolleyes: :p

Disappointing, guess I'll be waiting for the DVD release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back