[Movie Review] Lucky Number Slevin

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Watched it last night with some friends and was pleasantly surprised.

Typically, the slick crime capers with twisty stories (a la snatch, layer cake, lock, stock and 2 smoking barrles etc.) are a british domain and have a decidedly british sense of humour and flow.

This movie borrows a few elements from those movies and incorporates elements of Revolver as well, tying in the cerebral, to come up with a pretty decent overall package.

The "stories" in the flash-backs add a lot of layers to the movie that you can choose to disregard, but you'd miss out on many clues.

Being the movie boffin that I am, I figured out the main theme of the movie early on. You just have to listen and put 2 + 2 together and come up with 5 :smoker:

The dialogue is the key element of the movie, a la Revolver, and is the main reason this movie is elevated from average to pretty good.

Willis and Hartnet do really good jobs portraying their characters as both of them also have a lot of layers (see the link to layer cake?). The story is relatively straight-forward with all the requisite meanderings and the pacing keeps everything taut. It's not a short movie but it certainly feels that way when you watch it.

I'd recommend anyone looking for a snappy, quality flick to give this one a look/see.

4/5 OSNN stars.

It might be British Domain, but they are all grandfathered in by the Usual Suspects (1995)

The usual suspects was a lot darker than all the others. I think only Revolver would come close to the darkness factor. I included revolver in my list because of the chess aspect and mind games :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back