[Movie Review] King Kong *pending*

Re: king kong

Did you See the Foxtrot Cartoon Version?

I've heard nothing but great stuff about it. Wow.

Grandmaster said:
I've heard nothing but great stuff about it. Wow.
I heard nothing but raves also, but I didn't know anyone personally that saw it

from the first scene, the male lead is just awful to me, you can see his lipstick and ruby cheek makeup, I suppose that might be the effect they're going for, but it's lost on me, I would have walked out sooner, but I kins of thought I better give it a chance

I put up with it as long as I could stand, it didn't get better...I figured I'd wait for Kong to see if I could get into it.

the Kong affects were ridiculous, the dinosaurs were even more ridiculous.

about the time Kong grabs what's her name and totes her around like a Barbi doll, yanking her hard enough to break the neck of a rhinoceros, I had enough..I waited about two more scenes, the dinosaurs looked like cartoons and I just had to leave.

sorry

Last edited:

You're entitled to your opinion. I'll go see it next week and see for myself :)

damn.. the p0reviews made it look good.. and jack black is in it..

I'm still gonna watch it sometime this week or the next :cool:

Will write up a full review after.

Perris, you might want to use spoiler tags for your longer post :)

I hated the movie. Absolute worst movie ever. Me and my friends went to it after going to Chronicles of Narnia, and we all walked out. Luckily we each only had a $1 loss, because the tickets on moviefone.com only cost us $1 per ticket.

It's a real shame, because Jack Black is a pretty good actor.

I don't know why they insist on remaking all these films theses days,does nobody have original ideas anymore??

Anyway I always cry while watching King Kong,it's too sad when he gets hurt and they attack him so no way am I gonna this one :cry:
:rolleyes: :laugh:

I didn't think it was too, terribly bad. As I said elsewhere, it was OK... It was long however, and not as good as Narnia, or Peter Jackson's prior movies (LotR trilogy).

I'll just pull my post from there...

The movie wasn't bad, though a bit long (aka I needed to go to the bathroom twice during it; partly attributable (the first time) however that I had gone to the theater directly from the resturant. Some scenes were a bit drawn out (not sure the first movie was that long actually, though I hadn't seen it since I was a kid, so that's possibly why.

Pretty good film. Better than Narnia IMO. The End

Hmm. Interesting opinions here considering the overwhelmingly positive response to the film. Not that you guys should agree with the majority by any means -- it's just that more often than not people do agree with the majority.

Wanted to go and see it tonight but the friend I always go to the cinema with is ill, so I will wait until she is better.

perris said:
couldn't sit through it
You sound like me when I went to see Edward Scissorhands, I fell asleep ten minutes into it. I still can't stand that movie .. I don't think I want to see king kong either ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back