[Movie Review] Iron Man

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I really wanted to watch this movie to see how they would handle the character, the suit, the bit-players and let's just say this movie turned out to be pretty good.

The movie starts off with a bang, there are a few flash-backs and then it dives right in. The pacing is taut and even with a dip here and there, Robert Downey Jr keeps things rocking. He is PERFECT for the role and his one-liners and humor really lend something to the character.

The various gadgets and explanations of different components of the suits is handled adequately and the cgi is really realistic. I have a feeling that very few people will mind the suit. Terrence Howard is excellent again, although extremely underused. Paltrow is adequate but I smell a sequel with her role explored further.

There are plenty of protagonists to deal with but fortunately for us all, things are kept somewhat simple and the range of baddies is limited.

This summer movie season is starting off early and with a bang people :)

Give this one a go :)

4/5 OSNN stars.

Bastich!!!! I have to wait until Sunday to see my all time hero. I hate you...

Not really, but right now I do.

3.5 out of 4 OSNN stars.

Better than Spidey 2 IMHO. sequel for sure, one part in the movie suggests it very much :) If you are a MARVEL fan then you are good to go!!

war machine in next movie

Wow, I'm surprised. I expected this movie to be horrible, guess I might have to give it a chance now. :)

I hate Robert Downy crackhead.

Is the movie OK if you sit and scream crackhead through it?

This movie rocked. Was well acted from all points, The build up to the actual fighting was not boring. It had good humor, some tongue n' cheek which was not over the top.

I really enjoyed how he (Robert Downy Jr.) showed (facial closeup) that scared but at the same time excited emotion when he was doing the test flight. And he really showed that arrogance of Tony Stark. Crash landing in the desert was cool. :D The "I'm gonna kiss you, no I'm not" awkward moment at the Fireman's Fundraiser Party was interesting it could have been explorer further during the course of the movie. Although it did leave the door open for the next installment as to a more than professional relationship. As long as Gwyneth Paltrow reprises her role. She was good.

I hate Robert Downy crackhead.

Is the movie OK if you sit and scream crackhead through it?

The movie is great but if you feel that way then don't waste your time since you already have a negative mind set.

I loved the movie and am SO glad that RDJ didn't kill himself with those stupid antics that lasted way too many years. I think he's a bright talent and was perfect for the movie!!

I did have to ignore the uhh "technical" aspects, but it was fast-paced, well-written, and fun, if predictable.

Stay through all the credits at the end for a little treat.

^ I did.

Definitely stay till the end of the credits. :D

halfsize-aven001.jpg
PICST167NONCGCFORBLOG.jpg

So, I was never into these Marvel comics. I was more an "Archies" kinda reader.

Ant Man seems to require some research. Sounds a bit icky and like at risk from Spidey.

Who gets your vote for Thor? Please, not Brad Pitt (tho he'd be wonderful, I'm sure ...).

I know there's a new Hulk coming out. What about the other Avengers?

Anyone annoyed at this continued trend of comics-to-film? I like it. Strongly prefer it to the video-game-to-film approach.

Ant Man seems to require some research. Sounds a bit icky and like at risk from Spidey.

Who gets your vote for Thor? Please, not Brad Pitt (tho he'd be wonderful, I'm sure ...).
Have you not seen "Adventures in Babysitting?" If this was 15 years ago I would say Steve Mcmichaels former defensive takcle for the Chicago Bears. He was huge, and had a long blonde ponytail.
Puhh-lease Brad Pitt could no more do Thor than he did Achilles, terrible casting, just terrible.

Have you not seen "Adventures in Babysitting?" If this was 15 years ago I would say Steve Mcmichaels former defensive takcle for the Chicago Bears. He was huge, and had a long blonde ponytail.
Puhh-lease Brad Pitt could no more do Thor than he did Achilles, terrible casting, just terrible.

-- not seen Adventures in Babysitting, no.

-- you thot the problem with Troy was casting? ... I've never seen Pitt so awful, and nobody else was any good, either, so I was assuming it was the writing and direction.

-- Perris for Thor ... I'll ponder THAT a while :)

I know there's a new Hulk coming out. What about the other Avengers?

Anyone annoyed at this continued trend of comics-to-film? I like it. Strongly prefer it to the video-game-to-film approach.

THOR
incredible hulk "Ed Norton"/
Ant-man Movie most likely the wasp might come from this movie as a pair.

We already have Iron-man so I figure the Nick fury cameo at the end of the movie will follow the comic to unite the following mentioned above to battle the bad guys.. I am thinking the Kree Skrull war in the making

I am a comic book geek and have been since I could read. I used to collect them ,not anymore. too expensive . My fav are silver age marvel

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back