[Movie Review] iRobot

MC82

Procrastinator
So I went to watch iRobot with a few of my friends today. I was truly impressed with the movie. It was very entertaining. I really liked the story line, one of the better ones I must say. Even though this was a good movie, I think that in comparison to Spiderman 2, it did not do as well. iRobot had really entertaining fight scenes and a good twist in the story. Will Smith did a good job with this movie, but then again, he has made quite a few good summer blockbusters (of course we should never mention a few of the movies).

This movie had a lot of camera movement, at some scenes it just got confusing, but still it was a good type of confusion. Another aspect I really liked from this movie is the futuristic gadgets that are used. A lot of it may really be true in our future (well at least this is how my college professors feels… This conclusing is based on his opinion on the gadgets in Minority Report)… if the movie is correct, I will actually be using most of them when I am 50 years of age!

Once again, overall the movie was one worth the money. Definitely a movie that you should see in the theaters. There are a lot of good fighting scenes, great sceneries and the sound really helps you feel the excitement. A must see summer movie.

Favorite Quote: *sneeze* “Sorry I’m allergic to bull****”

4/5 OSNN Stars

this is one off those films i gota see :cool:

Yeah the review looked good, gotta wait for it to come out over here.

Spiderman 2 tonight, I hate to admit it but i'm hella excited!

I might go see this tonight... Not sure how good it is, outside of some of the previews though...

I read some bad reviews about the movie. Looks like I'll have to watch it then.

MC82 said:
So I went to watch iRobot with a few of my friends today. I was truly impressed with the movie. It was very entertaining. I really liked the story line, one of the better ones I must say. Even though this was a good movie, I think that in comparison to Spiderman 2, it did not do as well. iRobot had really entertaining fight scenes and a good twist in the story. Will Smith did a good job with this movie, but then again, he has made quite a few good summer blockbusters (of course we should never mention a few of the movies).

This movie had a lot of camera movement, at some scenes it just got confusing, but still it was a good type of confusion. Another aspect I really liked from this movie is the futuristic gadgets that are used. A lot of it may really be true in our future (well at least this is how my college professors feels… This conclusing is based on his opinion on the gadgets in Minority Report)… if the movie is correct, I will actually be using most of them when I am 50 years of age!

Once again, overall the movie was one worth the money. Definitely a movie that you should see in the theaters. There are a lot of good fighting scenes, great sceneries and the sound really helps you feel the excitement. A must see summer movie.

Favorite Quote: *sneeze* “Sorry I’m allergic to bull****”

4/5 OSNN Stars
Did they also show a Halo 2 theatrical-style trailer before the movie began? :D (they only show it if you watched this movie @ ciniplex)

I don't know about the previews, got there about the start of the movie...

It was OK...

Anyone else seen this movie? Need more reviews from OSNN members.

I havent seen it yet, I know its gotta be good, it's an old story redone. Sweet!

I saw it yesterday...

basically I had qualms based off the early critics responses but naturally since i think most critics are idiots i didn't care to listen to them lol...

anyways here goes...

the premise of the movie is rather decent and there are some finer points in the storyline that do indeed adhere to asimov's imagination (I have only read a coupla his books and neither of them dealt much wrt robots... more to do with space and relationships between telepaths and the like)

will smith's acting is not bad @ all and the other characters do their job well enough... the visuals are decent though they do feel a little un-polished from time to time...

wrt storyline... it is a decent story and will keep you going with it coz its reasonably well-paced... a dead-spot here and there but other than that reasonably entertaining...

one of the problems with the movie (in my opinion) was I knew how it would end half an hour in... and that ruins things for me... I knew exactly what it was that will smith had in the back of his mind... I knew exactly what most of the characters would be doing and this predicatbility detracted somewhat from the movie BUT as I said it was well-paced enough to make me stick through till the end...

the robot's facial expressions are well done IMO and really do add to the movie :)

sound effects are decent and music is relevant...

not the greatest will smith movie acting wise (above his comedic roles.. I mean he really did act here... but no 6 degree of separation this) but pleasantly surprising...

there is a certain amount of humour involved as well but nothing that makes the movie cheesy...

there is no doubt the movie could have been better.. and I really really wish that hollywood directors didn't have to dumb down a movie to make it more passable for the summer-audiences... but this movie is worth giving a decko.. :)

I'll give it 4/5 OSNN stars for entertainment value...

I was no expecting it to get such good reviews. I think I will now go see it.

Yeah, I'm planning to go check this out sometime soon.
smile.gif

Thanks. I really need to watch it now.
bigsmile.gif

don't hate me if you don't like the movie :)

i have a thing for sci-fi flicks and I happen to have a soft-spot for asimov (even though this is as different a take on his vision as I have ever seen)

but its certainly watch-worthy..

Sazar said:

i have a thing for sci-fi flicks and I happen to have a soft-spot for asimov (even though this is as different a take on his vision as I have ever seen)

I won't.
smile.gif

I was really looking forward to this movie.

Sazar said:

no no no ... back up stand by your review dont back out now :p

[Movie Review] I, Robot

I just saw this the other night and went to look for the thread here and didn't find one so ....

Anyhoo I thought the movie was pretty good even if it did have Will Smith in it. :p I had fears that he would really mess it up but over all it was entertaining and in my geeky way think about the future and how much of the movie could possible become true in my lifetime. Yeah so I would recommend it.

3.5/5

ps - not a great review writter ... sorry. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back