[Movie Review] Inside Man

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Spike Lee hasn't been in the new much lately but this Spike Lee "joint" firmly re-establishes his directorial credits.

He has always been thought of as a man who pushes the envelope. With Inside Man though, he takes a different approach. Almost a Guy Ritchie style movie when he was at the top of his game, an intelligent, thriller-esque caper where the lines are all blurred and various lives intersect when least expected.

However Lee has a very distinct style and he employs it deftly here.

Denzel Washington and Clive Owen play off each other brilliantly and really steal the show. Jodie Foster and Chris Plummer are almost wasted, but they have some key moments.

The story is taut with a few twists to keep you guessing. What I really enjoyed was that while the movie was progressing in "real-time", there were numerous flash-forwards to post/ending clips which added to the confusion of what was what and how it was all going to be going down.

There are a couple of loose parts in the movie's story but overall it is taut, well-paced and has a good sound-track.

I think there are only a few people here who are somewhat affiliated to the asian sub-continent. If you've seen the movie, you will immediately recognise the opening theme of the movie as being none other than A.R. Rahman's hit, Chaiyya-Chaiyya. His song from Dil-Se (a tremendous movie in it's own right, a very human portrayal of the lives affected by the actions of a terrorist and her decisions, watch it if you can) kicks things off. It is a remix version but 90% of the track is original. :cool:

4/5 OSNN stars. Very entertaining.

Saw this when it was released. It's one of my favorite heist movies, up there with Heat, though not quite in that league. It's very entertaining and could be watched repeatedly.

4/5 OSNN Stars.

:)

Yes, I agree.

Heat was a great movie. Pacino/De Niro, great combo.

that movie rocked....i didnt like denzels character though...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back