[Movie Review] Fantastic Four **Possible Spoilers**

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Watched it last night and had pretty average expectations going in. Marvel comics Foursome was not exactly my favorite set of characters growing up but heck, I wanted to watch the movie :)

For average expectations I was rewarded with a less than average movie, unfortunately.

The characters, after they changed, really didn't do much. For super-heroes, they were not very heroic at all and for a bad guy, as good a potential as there may have been for Dr. Doom, he was really too easily dealt with.

Think Grevious and Obi Wan and cut that action in half and remove half the special effects from there. A very anti-climatic ending indeed.

The character development was blasse with very tedious lines. The highpoints of the movie were The Thing and the Human Torch and their banter. Especially the Human Torch. He was funny and did a pretty decent job overall.

Dr. Doom's character was well played out and it was unfortunate he was dealt with so easily at the end although I guess after wasting so much time plodding around in the middle, the writer and director probably needed to wrap things up in a hurry.

If you are looking for a pop-corn flick with some explosions, grab a look else give this movie a pass.

3/5 OSNN stars and I am being very generous.

I had gone last night as well...

Basically the super heroes in this movie didn't want to be super heroes and were trying to find a way to go back to being "normal". If it weren't for the Human Torch, they probably would have just spent most of the time sitting around the lab going over lab notes on how to make this possible...

On the up side, the movie was better then Hide and Seek or Cold Creek Manner...

2.5/5 OSNN stars

i have to agree, though i think i liked the movie less than both of you. there was just not enough action for the movie.

80% of the movie was just The Thing bitching about how bad he looked...... Human Torch making fun of how The Thing looked....... and Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic yelling at Human Torch to stop wanting to go out in public, and to stop making fun of how The Thing looked. the other 20% was just REALLY crappy action scenes. i mean... Mr Fantastic didn't do really ANYTHING. all he did was tell the others what to do, and he threw one mailbox at Dr. Doom. just really crappily put together.

im glad i clicked the spoiler buttons, wont be going to see this one. :s

well, nix, it IS a fun movie to watch....... but not if you go pay like $8 to go see it at some surround-sound indoor movie theater. i'm glad i paid only $6 to watch both this movie, and Land of the Dead. both weren't that great of a movie.

Sounds like one to wait for it to come out on DVD to Rent.

You guys have to remember that the Fantastic Four were reluctant heroes. The comics showed them as such and in the beginning were trying as had as they could to reverse what had happened to them. And the Thing always way pissed at being the way he became. Dig out yer old issues guys and read them. You will see that it's not that far off.

As for Dr. Doom... that's another matter.

Now me for a super hero movie I would like to see one of the "crossovers".

The Dark Knight vs Superman. I know some of you have seen and read this comic. It is intense. :D

yeah, but still...... why on earth make a movie that, as far as i know, quite a few people were impatiently waiting to see........ and show just about EVER good part of the movie in the previews for it. the only part they DIDN'T show that was cool was the end.

oh, and gonaads, this has been boggling my mind for quite a while..... and i don't know why...... but what the hell is your sig/avatar supposed to be?

ElementalDragon said:
well, nix, it IS a fun movie to watch....... but not if you go pay like $8 to go see it at some surround-sound indoor movie theater. i'm glad i paid only $6 to watch both this movie, and Land of the Dead. both weren't that great of a movie.

hehe, here the movie ticket was like $8.50 for me, and that was student discounted... The regular price is more like $9.50 or perhaps it's $9.75... Course neither of them includes snacks, if one gets...

ElementalDragon said:
oh, and gonaads, this has been boggling my mind for quite a while..... and i don't know why...... but what the hell is your sig/avatar supposed to be?

It's a robot/android/soldier type thing that I found on a late night net journey at some German web site (I was bored that evening :p). His name is Harvey. :D

He got a bit messed up and has been draggin his ass around. Well technically he doesn't have one. As you can see his lower half got blown off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back