[Movie Review] Apocalypto

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Lots of gore, blood, and violence just for the sake of it, plus general ridiculousness.

If you like your movies like that, go watch it. If not, avoid.

2/5 Grandmaster Stars

Could this conclusion be from it being a Mel Gibson movie. Or actually what you think ??

Why would that matter? It's actually what I think.

I wonder if its cause Johnny and Mel are both hardcore Christians so if you don't like Mel's movies you must not like Christianity. Now thats some Fox news logic.

I wonder if its cause Johnny and Mel are both hardcore Christians so if you don't like Mel's movies you must not like Christianity. Now thats some Fox news logic.

mel is not a hard core christian, he was raised by anti semites who bragged about being revisionists, he is an anti semite, he's said so himself and he has ideas and notions only wingnuts subscribe

he might use the term "christian" and make beleive he is but he clearly is not

johnny on the other hand I believe is a true christian agreeing with the tachings of Christ, mel is one of those people who call themselves christian yet what he believes has nothing to do with the teachings of the Christ

On topic.

I will see it, but I haven't had time.

Off topic.

Ever since Mel made the Passion anyone (be it a true believer or not) who calls themselves a Christian defends him. Like it or not that is the way it is for now. He has made some great movies in his day. But he also has made an ass of himself many times in his day.

I saw the new 300 trailer before Apocalypto came on...couldn't stop smiling :D

Also, the trailer for Children of Men had me quite interested because I really love movies that deal with a doom-and-gloom future.

P.S. BouncingSoul - broad generalizations are baaad. mmmkay?

On topic.

I will see it, but I haven't had time.

Off topic.

Ever since Mel made the Passion anyone (be it a true believer or not) who calls themselves a Christian defends him. Like it or not that is the way it is for now. He has made some great movies in his day. But he also has made an ass of himself many times in his day.
one of my top five movies of all time was brave heart

never the less, I have no respect for him what so ever

I respect you GM and Perris. And Johnny for that matter. I was just pointing out what I thought was an interesting issue. I'm wondering how come you tell me broad generalizations are bad (I know they are) but no one ever says that when someone links Democrats and Terrorists? I don't know, just curious.

I don't hate you either dude, but if you seriously believe that, check out the Politics Channel and read my posts. Also, if you want to continue this discussion, go ahead and start a thread there.

But this thread is about Apocalypto (and yes I realize Johnny brought it up first)....

P.S. That broad generalization line was said in a sarcastic Mr. Mackey kind of way. I forget to add smileys sometimes.

Last edited:
On topic, I do want to see this movie. The reviews and previews look pretty good.

Off topic, me asking if it was because of it being a Mel Gibson movie has nothing to do with the Christian thought. The reason I brought it up was because when he came out with Passions people got a diff opinion about him. Also, he is Catholic, I'm not defending him, just saying that people have diff perspectives about him. Like Michael Moore for example; some people like him and some people dislike him, me, I despise Michael Moore. I do like Mel Gibson. I agree has done some thing that cause radical theories, at least they aren't as bad a Tom Cruise ..

The thing you also have to look is that Psychologist have yet to find a Hollywood star who was of normal factions with anything relative ...

Trash Orientalism (yes I know it not technically "Orient").
And I'm not saying it because I dislike Gibson, I don't even dislike Gibson or think he's anti-semite. the poor guy just lost it at some point.

Way off topic.
Omar - I want to thank you for the post you made about Bloc Party.
For some reason no one heard about them in Israel and I checked them out after reading one of your posts and they are great (and I'm cheap on compliments when it comes to music).
you can really hear the kids grew up listening to [SIZE=-1]Tom Verlaine[/SIZE] (and Radiohead)

I saw this movie ealier this week and I really love it! AMAZING!

IS that true that this movieby Mel Gibson called racist? Because mayans's were prtrayed as brutal? I guess that not the case, it only shows the Mayan's civilization and where it take place.

Anyway a cool movie and a must see! two thubs up! :)

Re: Apocalypto

I saw this movie ealier this week and I really love it! AMAZING!

IS that true that this movieby Mel Gibson called racist? Because mayans's were prtrayed as brutal? I guess that not the case, it only shows the Mayan's civilization and where it take place.

Anyway a cool movie and a must see! two thubs up! :)

I thought it was a good movie also

Yeah it is a good movie, and I really like it I dont care if this movie is ones called a recist or something the important is it was indeed a good movie!

Mel Gibson was called a racist for somehting else, the movie was called brutal, although I don't know how it can be called racist, but then again I have not seen it.

The only reason he is getting flamed for the movie is because it is historically incorrect on how brutal the mayan life style was, but i don't remember him every saying this was a historical movie. As a movie to just go see to watch and have fun watching its a great movie just don't think that's the real lifestyle that they went through.

The only reason he is getting flamed for the movie is because it is historically incorrect on how brutal the mayan life style was, but i don't remember him every saying this was a historical movie. As a movie to just go see to watch and have fun watching its a great movie just don't think that's the real lifestyle that they went through.

I will definitely agree with you! The fact is that the movie is worth watching, a great movie just sit down and relax while watching it! " Just don't think that's the real lifestyle that they went through" :)

Just saw this last night (don't ask how!) and I was pretty impressed. Not as violent as I thought it was going to be actually, although some of the concepts were brutal, they weren't that graphic most of the time. I thought it would be longer actually and a bit more epic in scale, but that's just the impression I'd got from the trailers. Good film, well worth watching.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back