[movie Review] 300

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Well all I have to say is what a ****ing amazing movie. I would honestly have to say the best movie of its kind, puts Gladiator and all those similar movies to shame…the choice of cast was perfect, acting was magnificent, the filming will be legendary…just an all around ****ing fantastic movie…im pumped, i have never been so excited and happy while watching a movie.....:up::up::up::up:

So you liked it? :p

I hear this is showing in IMAX theaters, so I'm going to try and see it there.

I don't think 3D. I did see Superman Returns in IMAX 3D, though it was just several scenes that were in 3D while the rest was normal. It was a cool experience, but I would rather not watch an entire movie in 3D -- it is too difficult to focus. It would be especially difficult in a movie like 300 where I assume there is quite a bit of action sequences with the battles.

So you liked it? :p

I hear this is showing in IMAX theaters, so I'm going to try and see it there.

Yup, I'm going to the IMAX by my place tommorow :)

Dammit, I really wanted to go today :cry:

I don't care which way I see it, it looks so good. Frank Miller is GOD.

I saw 300 Last night on an IMAX screen, The show was sold out all day and I was glad I purchased the tix in advance.

with all the hype surrounding this movie I did not want to become too excited and be let down......but I have to say this movie had me on edge the entire time. From start to finish it was Incredible!!! This movie has you pulled into the storyline every second. Powerful battle scenes and the emotion of the main character is great. I could go on and on. i will just say that I'm completely blown away!! This movie is what going to movies is all about. 5 OSNN STARS!!!!

IF you can see it on an IMAX screen do it!!!

w00t!!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, they aren't showing this movie in Imax theatres here in Austin currently, I almost drove to San Antonio to watch it.

I also haven't written a review in a while so do bear with me chaps :)

*** The movie ***

I went in with an open expectation, I have had an incredibly open mind about things since some events about a month ago and I believe it really lent itself to my movie experience. One of my really good friends went to watch it with me and I was a little apprehensive about that because she didn't seem the action movie type, but I bribed her with the promise of oodles of male flesh :smoker: She thanked me later and said that she loved the flick :D

The colors and the pacing of the movie really lend themselves to creating the right kind of mood. The narration and the various lead characters who are introduced to the audience over the course of the first half hour really develop the experience beyond what it could have been.

The special effects are apparent but, fortunately, do not overwhelm the experience. Kind of brings me back to the colors. Much as in Hero (which I have also reviewed here and which seems to have been a template for some sequences), the various colors really emphasize the emotions the story is attempting to bring to the fore. You can almost feel a part of the goings-on, especially during fight sequences.

The dialogue is relatively sparse but it is in keeping with the psuedo-minimalist theme. Additionally, the Thespians do make an appearance, but their contributions are kept to a bare minimum.

I could go on and on but I'll wait till more have seen this movie. Further, for the women, the story is not all about action, there are other things going on and there is a fair amount of emotion present. Don't skip it because it is a "dude flick" because that is simply a dis-service.

4/5 OSNN stars. Definitely worth watching, but dont' go in expecting the best movie ever made. Simply, expect entertainment and you will not be left wanting :cool:

Absolutely loved it. Best movie I've seen in a long time. I want to see it in an IMAX theater, but I would have to drive 5 hours to find one.

I saw it last night, unfortunately not in the IMAX though because all the times were sold out hours and hours beforehand. I settled for a screen with DLP projection, which is still amazing and not many theaters have them, yet.

The movie was incredible. There were more storylines and character development than I expected, so I was very pleased by that. As Sazar pointed out, the color choices well reflected the tone of the scenes and the stop/slow/fast-motion effects provided some very enjoyable eye candy.

I've noticed that most of the criticism is on account of 300 not being more serious, or not having much depth of plot. It seems obvious to me that the intention was to not take itself too seriously. The dialogue was tremendous, especially the one-liners during the battle sequences -- it's the kind of dialogue that you'd expect for this type of film, so I don't understand why critics expected otherwise. Like I said before, I was pleased with the character setup and plot build-up, especially for a 2-hour epic when so many similar epics take 2.5-3 hours to cover all the necessary ground. This wasn't made to be a Gladiator or Braveheart.

I don't think I could have asked for any more from this type of movie. The characters were the definition of bad-ass, the acting was top-notch and over-the-top because it was supposed to be, the cinematography and post-production was perfect (how much fun would it have been to edit this?)... should I go on? :p

5/5 OSNN Stars :up::up::up::up::up:

I don't think I could have asked for any more from this type of movie. The characters were the definition of bad-ass, the acting was top-notch and over-the-top because it was supposed to be, the cinematography and post-production was perfect (how much fun would it have been to edit this?)... should I go on? :p

5/5 OSNN Stars :up::up::up::up::up:

Word up. For once, the hype was true.

Last edited:
redsauce2.gif

Hehe. I was sent this by a Persian friend :p

http://www.iranian.com/Arts/2007/March/Persians/index.html

It's by the dude that created the petition.

I don't know why people can't accept that it's a work of historical fiction. It's not a documentary on the History channel!

Just egos being bruised, that's all. Oh well, they are missing out on some wicked entertainment :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back