Move XP tolarger Harddrive

M

mefast

Currently my XP is on a 10 gig hd. I have a 30gig I would like to be my boot drive. It(the 30gig) is fat32. How do I migrate my XP from the 10gig to the 30 gig without have to reinstall all my softwares. Is it possible to do this. Currently my 10gig is the primary master and the 30 gig is the secondary slave. Mycd burner is the secondary master.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

--mefast

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
The easiest way is with drive image ( www.powerquest.com ) or with Norton Ghost.

You put the new hard drive in a slave, image the old one to the new one, take the 10 gig out, set the 30 gig to master and boot.

K

kingnothing

Your hard drive might (should) have come with software just for this. Probably called a setup disk or something like that.

M

mefast

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've completed the task. My boot drive is my new 30gig. Windoze Xp has been cleanly installed.
I'm now in the process of reinstalling my softwares.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

--mefast

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PseudoKiller