Mouse makes noise

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
anyone have any idea why movement from my mmouse would cause noise thru my speakers? If I mute cd audio from the volume panel, it mutes the noise. The noise is like a scratching sound. It happens with both optical and wheel mice. I have swithced drivers and all. It also happened when I had winME. Not a major problem, just something that annoys me and thought I'd ask to see if I could get an answer.

Sounds like a sound card problem to me, change cards and see if that fixes it. good luck:D

I have had that problem too, to fix it I moved the soundcard to a diff slot and mine went away, I think it has something to do with the IO channel.

I will try moving it around when I feel like fiddling around in my box again...
Thanks all

Is your mouse USB? I've never encountered the problem with a ps/2 mouse just USB optical mice...if it is usb you might consider just using a usb/ps2 adapter that should have come with the mouse

yeah, it won't happen with usb. also, your speakers might be turned up pretty high and picking up stray interference from the mouse signals (happens with cheap onboard sound, too). try turning them down a bit and raising the volume in windows.

I am having this same problem. Has anyone discovered the solution??

XP
USB Mouse
Delta 1010 Soundcard ($700 high end card)

I believe it has to do with an IRQ sharing problem.. but not sure.

Jason North
www.insignficant.com

im having this problem too, also my DVD drive is making noise come through the speakers too?????

ill try moving my soundcard, i also use a USB mouse!

Has anyone found a solution to this problem??

I'm experiecing it too..... UGGHHH....

Here is my IRQ info.. it is very likely that my problem is NOT IRQ related.

But I have no idea.

Thanks for your help!

its annoying, but i think it may be UN solvable, its probably a Motherboard technical problem.

maybe its a SOUND BLASTER problem.

change your mouse it should have "complys to the FCC standard" on it what this means is it doesnt send out radio waves and interrupts with other electical equipment

I had the same problem. I use a USB mouse (IBM Optical Navigator). The sound card was not the problem (Sound Blaster). The problem was the cheap speakers. Got some Altec Lansing speakers and the problem went away (i.e., speakers are shielded from EMI). All hardware is now shielded from EMI. Required since my BIOS mod disabled EMI shielding due to RD2 Pro board in PCI slot will not function when EMI shielding is enabled.:D :)

P. S. I guess as long as the mouse does not start to squeak and nibble you will be alright...:D

ok i SOLVED it, turn the CD and LINE-IN volumns onto MUTE MODE<, that way it stops all the interference from your mouse etc,, I GARAUNTEE it solves the problem.

i use a Sound blaster pci128

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back