Mouse (&Machine) locking up every 20 secs

R

Raycaster

I just replaced a blown power supply with a new one.

My machine now locks up with the HD LED on solid every 30 secs or so for 10 sec.

The machine doesn't crash but basically I am unable to play any games or capture video without constant pauses.

I scandisked every HD and everything seems fine but?

Could this be a power supply problem or system problem?

I scanned for viruses etc.

Any help is much appreciated as the machine is basically un-useable right now.

Athlon 1.333GHz 512DDR
80G, 40G, 20G 7200 Hard Drives
Pioneer A05 DVD-R
ATI 9500 Pro + LeadTek 2000 XP Deluxe
MicroSoft XP SP1

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes Scandisk and defragged every drive.

open your task manager and see what is taking up so much resources one of the processes should have a cpu spike, see what it is and if you don't need it end the process, something is accessing your hdd windows doesn't just randomly move some files while your using the pc.

Are you 100% certain that you connected any/all fans to power ?
If you missed one, perhaps it's overheating?

blown psu ?

you sure there weren't any other parts of your rig that might have been messed up as well ?

the way you describe the problem it is highly probable there are other faulty parts in your system..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back