mouse and keyboard question

J

jason2slow

i was just wondering is it better to use the mouse and keyboard in usb slots or the standard mouse and keyboard slots

optical mice are much better when used in a usb port because it allows the computer to use more images per seconds to calculate the movement. So usb all the way for optical mice.

for a keyboard, if you have a very basic keyboard like mine (super priced at $7.50 CAD :) ) it doesn't matter, if you have some sort of fancy keyboard with fancy buttons usb is better, again because it allows more data throughput.

remember to disable the legacy support for keyboard and mouse if using USB ;) no point having the mobo looking for both.

I have both a wireless keyboard and mouse that can be used ps/2 or usb and I use them in ps/2 and they work flawless in all games and applications.

Logitech Elite Keyboard and MX700 mouse :)

Originally posted by gladner
optical mice are much better when used in a usb port because it allows the computer to use more images per seconds to calculate the movement. So usb all the way for optical mice.
i haven't seen any evidence to support this. usb mice usually do 125fps once plugged in. ps/2 mice do around 60, but once you push the sample rate to 200 in control panel, you can get about 125 fps out of it too. so either once is getting more fps than the screen is showing which is all that matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back