Mountain Dew and Microsoft to Give Away an Xbox 360 System Every 10 Minutes This Fall

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
LOS ANGELES -- May 17, 2005 -- Today at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2005, Microsoft Corp. and Pepsi-Cola North America announced a U.S. promotion to put the Xbox 360 (TM) next-generation video game and entertainment system from Microsoft into the hands of thousands of lucky people before the console hits store shelves. Beginning Aug. 28, Mountain Dew, Pepsi's intense citrus soft drink, and Xbox® will select a winner of an Xbox 360 console every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for nine weeks straight in the "Every 10 Minutes" promotion.

To play, consumers will collect codes found under the caps of Mountain Dew and other participating Pepsi products, and enter codes in a personal online account at http://www.every10minutes.com. Participants will be able to choose which 10-minute drawing to enter, and can spread codes across different drawings or stockpile codes and put them all toward one drawing. In addition, codes entered will automatically earn the participants points toward obtaining collectible merchandise and gear.

Gaming industry executives attending this year's E3 in Los Angeles will get an exclusive opportunity to be among the first 10 people with a chance to win an Xbox 360 console through a special Peel-to-Play contest. Free 20-oz. bottles of Mountain Dew containing game pieces produced exclusively for the event will be distributed to expo attendees on Wednesday, May 18 and Thursday, May 19. In addition to the 10 Xbox 360 consoles, winning game pieces will be good for a chance to win Xbox games, Mountain Dew T-shirts, hats and other prizes.
[ Via Microsoft PressPass ]

grin.gif

Re: Mountain Dew and Microsoft to Give Away an Xbox 360 System Every 10 Minutes This

Grandmaster said:
That's 1296 consoles...crazy.

In addition to the 10 Xbox 360 consoles...

^^^ Only first 10 people mate. :)

Re: Mountain Dew and Microsoft to Give Away an Xbox 360 System Every 10 Minutes This

~bk said:

Maybe they mean 10 at E3, then the rest to the general public. 100 minutes of mayhem at E3 will ensue...

~bk said:

Errrr... not totally true. :)
Gaming industry executives attending this year's E3 in Los Angeles will get an exclusive opportunity to be among the first 10 people with a chance to win an Xbox 360 console through a special Peel-to-Play contest.

Beginning Aug. 28, Mountain Dew, Pepsi's intense citrus soft drink, and Xbox® will select a winner of an Xbox 360 console every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for nine weeks straight in the "Every 10 Minutes" promotion.

TittleBitties said:
Time for kidney stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha...and don't forget that little side-effect of Mountain Dew. It's true! I'm living proof!

Will be harder to get the codes from my cousin for this then it was for the free iTunes songs. :(

Man, gonna have to do the dew on a grand scale come August. :p

Well, late August. But me gonna start early to get immune system prepped. :D

I might start drinking it myself. Selling my 360 will more then pay for the soda(s). :D

TittleBitties said:
Time for kidney stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget the yellow 5 :p

So it really is 1296 consoles. That's a lot! :eek:

Alot the way we see it for them its all about PR would be cool to win one I would sell it so I could get the Nintendo Revolution !!!!!!!

lol

~bk said:
So it really is 1296 consoles. That's a lot! :eek:
Sure the 360 will cost more, but Pepsi gave away a 5 million songs via iTunes. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back