motherboard wont restart

A

andre9540

Well I have a 7nn400 pro and everything works just fine, except when a reboot is needed. the shut down process completes but the system tries to restart but nothing happenes just the power stays on and no reboot so i manually have to restart and some times when i turn it on it will restart its messed up

I had a similar problem with a motherboard called the K7S5A after installing SP1 on Windows XP. What fixed it is a bios update. See if there's a BIOS update available for your motherboard.

well the bios update went fine:) yet the problem still remains.... its like only the hdd and cdrom get the power cut off but the board is still powered on I dont know

The kids have an old Gateway OEM mobo (for the Athlon700 "brick") that does this too. I haven't figured it out either. It'll be interesting if someone has any answers.

I know its not OS related: they had win2k before they had XP and it did it then too. The funny thing is it started doing that about 2 years after I had it. I've even replaced the battery for sh!ts n giggles.

Its not hardware related either. That board used to be in my wife's case with totally different CD ROM, PS, hdd, video card, NIC, etc.

well it has seemed to have stopped and what i think is..... it has stopped... Thankyou Jesus and you guys too. I keep you posted if i can find out what may have casued it
thanks again
Toro

my brother in law's computer did the same thing right after I built it...
As far as I know, the problem was resolved after downloading some Windows Update files as he says it doesnt do it anymore - its still pre-SP1 as he's on 56k and I've never got chance to drop a cd off at his house with it on :p

Perhaps its something thats fixed in an SP1 hotfix?

Well I think maybe not... because I downloaded every update possible and this sucks I am thinking one of two things PSU or motherboard Bios.... yet i updated bios (primary one) not yet secondary one so i will try that tonight and see what happens. then i will switch out the psu. Hopefully one of these methods will work then i can decide what i need to do. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back