• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

motherboard wont restart

A

andre9540

Well I have a 7nn400 pro and everything works just fine, except when a reboot is needed. the shut down process completes but the system tries to restart but nothing happenes just the power stays on and no reboot so i manually have to restart and some times when i turn it on it will restart its messed up

A

Annihilatus

I had a similar problem with a motherboard called the K7S5A after installing SP1 on Windows XP. What fixed it is a bios update. See if there's a BIOS update available for your motherboard.

A

andre9540

well the bios update went fine:) yet the problem still remains.... its like only the hdd and cdrom get the power cut off but the board is still powered on I dont know

The kids have an old Gateway OEM mobo (for the Athlon700 "brick") that does this too. I haven't figured it out either. It'll be interesting if someone has any answers.

I know its not OS related: they had win2k before they had XP and it did it then too. The funny thing is it started doing that about 2 years after I had it. I've even replaced the battery for sh!ts n giggles.

Its not hardware related either. That board used to be in my wife's case with totally different CD ROM, PS, hdd, video card, NIC, etc.

A

andre9540

well it has seemed to have stopped and what i think is..... it has stopped... Thankyou Jesus and you guys too. I keep you posted if i can find out what may have casued it
thanks again
Toro

my brother in law's computer did the same thing right after I built it...
As far as I know, the problem was resolved after downloading some Windows Update files as he says it doesnt do it anymore - its still pre-SP1 as he's on 56k and I've never got chance to drop a cd off at his house with it on :p

Perhaps its something thats fixed in an SP1 hotfix?

A

andre9540

Well I think maybe not... because I downloaded every update possible and this sucks I am thinking one of two things PSU or motherboard Bios.... yet i updated bios (primary one) not yet secondary one so i will try that tonight and see what happens. then i will switch out the psu. Hopefully one of these methods will work then i can decide what i need to do. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies