Motherboard suggestion needed

B

Bablos

Hi There...

I'm putting together a new system, but I'm stuck on which motherboard to get for it. I had initially decided on the Abit AT7-MAX2, but then changed my mind when I saw some people were having problems with the board underperforming, and I also discovered that Via and SiS had dropped support for DDR400 memory.

I then decided on an Epox 8K5A2+, but changed my mind because you only get one IDE cable, and the bundled software is pretty crappy - OK, bit of a lame reason, but most other boards I'd looked at contained NAV2002 which is what I wanted for the new machine, and some had several IDE ribbons.

So, now I need a new motherboard, and ASAP - some stuff is already on order!

The mobo will go with the following - if you have any comments about the items below, please let me know;

Athlon XP 2200+
Akasa Silver Mountain 2Q
512M Corsair XMS PC2700 (would've been PC3200 - see above)
Leadtek GeForce4 Ti4600
Antec 1080 AMG Case (ordered)
Western Digital 80GB HD
Maxtor 160GB HD (already have)
Teac 40x12x48 CD-RW (already have)
Pioneer DVD 106S Multiregion (already have)

Hope someone can help. Real soon!

Bablos.

Hi There...

The Asus A7V-333 doesn't have USB 2.0, which I'd prefer.

I've looked at the Asus A7V8X too, but the supplier where I'm getting most of my stuff from only has the board without RAID and serial ATA. Don't know of any other UK suppliers - I was trying to keep them to a minimum to avoid hassle and delivery costs.

Bablos.

Hi There...

It's not listed on the specs for the board at the store I've been looking at.

Thanks for the info.

Bablos.

yeah i was gonna say it has got usb 2.0 as i have the mobo and am thinking of using it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back