Motherboard memory settings..HELP pls.

C

Chensu

Hi

I was just looking at motherboard BIOS memory settings, and I noticed under "SDRAMFrequency" there are the options of SPD, HCLK, HCLK+33, HCLK+66. Currently its set to SPD.

I've looked in the motherboard manual, but it doesnt explain what the settings do.

So just what does HCLK mean and do?.. and what setting should I use.

TIA

Chensu

Originally posted by Chensu
Hi

I was just looking at motherboard BIOS memory settings, and I noticed under "SDRAMFrequency" there are the options of SPD, HCLK, HCLK+33, HCLK+66. Currently its set to SPD.

I've looked in the motherboard manual, but it doesnt explain what the settings do.

So just what does HCLK mean and do?.. and what setting should I use.

TIA

Chensu

what speed is your memory?

depending on the speed of the memory you will be able to set your memory timings to the best performance levels...

:)

btw HCLK = host clock...

SPD, is Serial Presence Detect I think. That just automatically sets your ram at its rated speed. ie pc2700 at 333mhz. HCLK is host clock, so HCLK+33 is your system fsb + 33mhz and HCLK+66 ditto.

Say you've got a celeron like me running on a 100mhz bus then HCLK would be 100mhz, HCLK+33=133mhz, HCLK+66=166mhz and if its pc133 ram then SPD would give me 133mhz.

jumpy

yup... jumpy pretty much nailed it on the head... :)

if you know your mobo details and what type of mem you have running... you are good to go :)

Oh thankyou Jumpy, I understood your explanation completely. I guess you could overclock your memory (if it will take it).

Sazar, I have PC2100 currently set to SPD for the frequency, but I have been successful in setting the other timings to..
2-2-5-2, t1, QW4
Thanks again.

Chensu.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back