Mother curbs chat room access

L

Lee

Who says blondes are dumb...yes this is for here as I guess from reading it's an application.

A British beautician and mother has been voted the world's top female inventor after coming up with a device to control children's access to chat rooms.

Paula Ward, 35, developed the Phone & Net Guard, as a result of fears about her daughter Stephanie's internet conversations.

Now she could be on her way to making a fortune.

The device, which fits into a phone socket, enables the user to bar specific numbers at the touch of a button.
Wait.. all it does it bar certain numbers being dialled?
So..
  • It can be removed?
  • You need one for every phone socket?
  • It doesn't work on ADSL?
  • It doesn't work on Cable Internet?
  • It doesn't even fit on Cable Internet?
  • It doesn't work with ISDN?
  • It doesn't work when your child changes to an alternative number that almost every ISP offers?
Seems pointless to me, especially with more and more people getting broadband. How odd.

Moved to General

This is why I opened with ''Who says blondes are dumb...''

You know the judges where probably that.

They must think children are stupid or something, only an adult would have thought that idea up!

Well it is certainly true that most parents/adults underestimate the capabilities of children, but this thing just seems daft.

kids are always, or usually always, more technically savvy than their parents

SPeedY_B said:
Well it is certainly true that most parents/adults underestimate the capabilities of children, but this thing just seems daft.

face it, who do we ask to set the video ?

clever little ****'s :p

GoNz0 said:
face it, who do we ask to set the video ?

clever little ****'s :p
I ask my 8 year old, to set the video and dvd player for me.

He even taught me how to use excel :p

its true... when we got our fist comp (486) my uncle sold it to us... and he got me to put the cd-soundcard cable for digital audio since he didn't trust my dad... i was 8-9

Lee said:
I ask my 8 year old, to set the video and dvd player for me.

He even taught me how to use excel :p

You better stay on the forums a whole lot longer and read ALL the "tweak" threads and "hardware" threads if yer ever gonna learn anything. :p

gonaads said:
You better stay on the forums a whole lot longer and read ALL the "tweak" threads and "hardware" threads if yer ever gonna learn anything. :p
I know plenty already. I knew a little of excel, never had a reason to use it before, he used it himself and when I asked him some questions from his self help book (he was doing a skool project) he was very quick and even showed me a little thing or two.

ey aint fik ya nuh :rolleyes:

i saw this on news + i though what sh!t!!!! it cant block chatroom access, just the entire internet, as Dave said you would just unplug the dam thing/change dial up number. could have used a decent firewall and just blocked the chat ports!!!!

You know those chicks that live in Caterham come from middle/upper class families living in monster sized houses, with pools and massive gardens, shop at Waitrose in their monster sized 4x4's, kids goto public schools. I used to live in Biggin Hill, not far away I know what ideas these people have, they haven't got a dam clue, they live in fairy land. They are not rough and net ready (savvy is a word used sometimes) when it comes to the real net grafting.

More than likely the husband funded this dumb idea.

I got a better one don't let your children goto chat rooms or darknet sites. I won't let my kids use the net unless supervised and certainly not use chat rooms, hell no!

End of the story :p

meh adults sometimes dont have a choice... depends on the kid and how he was raised... i have my own computer with broadband internet in my room... my parents dont have a clue what i do... then again they probably wouldn't understand this forum

i know my parents dont understand it here :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back