Most expensive gaming console ever?

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political Access
NeoGeo? My buddy had an original one with the sticker on it and it was $649 quite a while ago.

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
How about using the spoiler tags so we can see for ourselves.

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
The 3DO was very expensive by bro had one and it was alot of fun at the time.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
I think Apple had plans to make one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was theirs.

drz01

Weekend DJ
None of the above it was made by another home audio/video company. Hint the made the biggest laser read disk...

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Laseractive

The Pioneer CLD-A100 system was released in Japan on August 20, 1993 at a cost of ¥89,800 and in the United States on September 13, 1993 at a cost of $970 US. NEC also released a cloned version of the system identified as the NEC PDE-LD1. Both systems supported the additional PAC modules interchangeably.

Psyborg

google addict
Political Access
oh damn i think i know what you're on about, they were like massive CD's, like silver records, made some time in the late 70's or early 80's, i cant for the life of me remember who made them tho... :(

shamus you the man! haha :) that wuda bugged me all night! i'll sleep easy now, lol :)

oh the memories.... :p

Last edited:

Psyborg

google addict
Political Access
yeah definitely brought back some memories of consoles of old, im long since gone outta gaming since i have a very short attention span, lol, last game i really ever played was Streets of Rage 2 on the sega megadrive II, or the sega genesis as it was known stateside! i do remember however around the same time the rich kid showing off his atari jaguar and his handheld sega game gear!

madcap08

OSNN Newbie
Xbox's bought on E-bay, the first Christmas they came out....I saw them going at $3000 a pop.

ming

OSNN Advanced
Those massive silver records were called LaserDiscs if I remember right. My mate had one of those. Think his parents had one for kareoke or something. lol :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee