most demanding game

DarkMaster

OSNN Addict
Wot game that is currently out demands the most of a PC
im talking about the requirements, recommended requirements, and your experiences with wot game can slow your computer down.

i think that 5mhz intel cpu in your loft should just about cover most games today

wot about enter the matrix? that recommended 1.2Ghz, still ran quite smooth on my 500mhz though

but not in high settings.(try Unreal Tournament 2003)
I want to get a new PC and I want it above 3GHZ.

I find that on my card the most demanding game is unreal II...

it is the only game I play currently where has slowed down on one or two occasions where it is noticeable... @ 1600x1200 with all options turned on...

of course my cpu is a bottleneck now :) but still...

Although it isnt really a game (or is it), Code Creatures seems to be very demanding. 1600x1200 about < 30fps on Radeon 9700/9800s

Originally posted by DarkMaster
wot about enter the matrix? that recommended 1.2Ghz, still ran quite smooth on my 500mhz though

I dont find that over demanding on my set up great game though I love the fighting actions with focus on :D

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and its subsequent expansions can all be pretty demanding, especially the latest expansion, Bloodmoon. It's built on a crumby graphics engine, it's not like the graphics are the best of any game currently out. The graphics engine in Morrowind loads everything in front of you, including the backs of buildings, hills, characters, objects, etc. that you do not see. It sounds funny, but other games using the same engine were mainly top-down games with an isometric view, where you weren't really "behind" the 3D models. Fortunately, there are many tweaks in the config file for the game so there are ways to get it to play. From most of the forums I've been to, it seems ATI users get a lot smoother gameplay than nVidia users, even the newer nVidia cards have some problems. As far as the requirements go, you can have what would be considered a non-gaming computer and still be able to run Morrowind, it just takes some tweaking to get it to run at an acceptable rate.

Originally posted by ogremagedwarf
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and its subsequent expansions can all be pretty demanding, especially the latest expansion, Bloodmoon. It's built on a crumby graphics engine, it's not like the graphics are the best of any game currently out. The graphics engine in Morrowind loads everything in front of you, including the backs of buildings, hills, characters, objects, etc. that you do not see. It sounds funny, but other games using the same engine were mainly top-down games with an isometric view, where you weren't really "behind" the 3D models. Fortunately, there are many tweaks in the config file for the game so there are ways to get it to play. From most of the forums I've been to, it seems ATI users get a lot smoother gameplay than nVidia users, even the newer nVidia cards have some problems. As far as the requirements go, you can have what would be considered a non-gaming computer and still be able to run Morrowind, it just takes some tweaking to get it to run at an acceptable rate.

I think thats because of ati's pixel shader speed v/s nvidia's...

the water I believe uses dx8.1 shaders... using ps 1.4... fewer passes required than ps 1.1 or 1.3 which is dx8...

this leads to better speeds in some circumstances :)

however... I play morrowind maxed out with everything and it does not seem that demanding...

I maintain unreal II will tax your system more than anything else @ this time... matrix may tax your system but thats more coz its buggy..

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is not that demanding.Its graphic is not that good(you cant compare it with Splinter Cell or Unreal Tournament 2k3)

Originally posted by Octopus
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is not that demanding.Its graphic is not that good(you cant compare it with Splinter Cell or Unreal Tournament 2k3)

you cannot compare splinter cell or ut2k3 with the vast outdoor vista's of morrowind either :)

they are different types of games... first person shooters v/s an action/adventure setup...

Unreal 2 absolutely owned my system.
I ran the game on 1024x768 x16 and I still got a low
FPS throughout most of the game.
I think the detail levels were max...
Great game though, ending is very sad :(

wot about near-future games? eg games that are coming out.
has quake 4 been confirmed? coz i remember a rumour that it needed 1.8ghz

Originally posted by DarkMaster
wot about near-future games? eg games that are coming out.
has quake 4 been confirmed? coz i remember a rumour that it needed 1.8ghz

quake 4 == based on the doom 3 engine... so it should be heavy duty but should also scale well since I doubt they will bumpmap EVERY surface like in d3 itself...

carmack generall designs good engines and the product is OGL based...

I dunno how taxing it will be... maxed out probably killer... but it should @ least play well on the rigs that are out there today...

games based off of the hl2 engine should also scale well...

not so sure about future unreal games... after all epic has shown their games are not exactly the most efficient in terms of memory management... and they are the masters @ rushing products out the door half finished :D

Raven Shield seems to have taxed my system the most. For one its because the game look truely amazing with the photo realistic textures and hi-polygon counts. The game is just pretty, but more of a reason it taxes systems is its memory leaks and crappy support. It seems that the game "Optimized for ATI" isn't true...the game has terrible support, and I have yet been able to run the game smooth with all the pretty stuff turned on ie. AA and AF. But the game is still fun.

Originally posted by Zansky
Raven Shield seems to have taxed my system the most. For one its because the game look truely amazing with the photo realistic textures and hi-polygon counts. The game is just pretty, but more of a reason it taxes systems is its memory leaks and crappy support. It seems that the game "Optimized for ATI" isn't true...the game has terrible support, and I have yet been able to run the game smooth with all the pretty stuff turned on ie. AA and AF. But the game is still fun.

I thought the game devs came out with patches to fix the issues ?

Hahahahah...good one Sazar...that made me laugh. The patches don't do jack sh**. Honestly they're like the worst dev team...each patch seems to make the game worse not better. I honestly think that ATI and Ubi are doing opposite things to fix their problems, thus causing more problems. But thats just me.

they are right morrowwind takes alot out of the system. Even tho it doesnt have good graphics it take alot out of your processor. it doesnt realiy on my graphincs. the best game that runs the smooths and it not demands at all is GTA Vice city. now that game it is a ll about yr graphics card. your proccessor doesnt matter. i havea amd duron 1.1 ghz (crapolia) abd a geforce 4 ti 4200. i can run the game with everthing turned on. i have 4sx antialsing and 8x astrofilting and texturesharping. this is a good game for a crappy system.

Originally posted by Zansky
Hahahahah...good one Sazar...that made me laugh. The patches don't do jack sh**. Honestly they're like the worst dev team...each patch seems to make the game worse not better. I honestly think that ATI and Ubi are doing opposite things to fix their problems, thus causing more problems. But thats just me.

don't play the game... so unfortunately I cant comment other than what I see in terms of game issues and patches :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back