Most annoying intelligence test ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
11/11. I guess I think like that. :p

Apparently my love life may bloom soon!? :s

10/11 -- can't believe I read right through Moses without thinking about it. I just assumed the trick was going to be on the number part. :s

I screwed up the same one Ryan.

I got the apple and california widow questions wrong.

I didn't count the Moses and baseball questions since those questions are biased against people who don't know much about baseball and Moses :p

I got the apple and california widow questions wrong.

I didn't count the Moses and baseball questions since those questions are biased against people who don't know much about baseball and Moses :p
Lol.
The moses one really was a BS question lol.
Nothing to do with intelligence
that or baseball, like u said :p

A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour.
How many minutes would the pills last?
60 - Start with the 1st pill, 30 minutes later take the 2nd, then 30 minutes for the 3rd.

this answer is incorrect

every half hour, this is not a half hour yet which might not happen for a half hour

first example, if I said breath every 5 seconds you would hold your breath before you breated, you wouldn't breath immediatly

another example, if he said take this pill with every meal, the meal I had most recently doesn't count

if a doctor wants you to take one immediatly he says take one now and then every half hour

I remember a regence question I personally corrected in the state of new york too....after review of my correction they decided to mark everyone's answer correct

that was the wrong decision, my answer was the only correct answer however since the people that wrote the question got it wrong they couldn't expect the students to get it right

regence question;

multiple choice

if a person drops a plate 100 feet away, will you see it hit the ground before you hear it

cirrect answer, yes

the incorrect answer from the regence, you would hear and see at the same time since you couldn't distinguish the differance at such a short distance

I corrected them, the question wasn't how you would percieve the occurance, the question was when you would hear it...it is a fact the the light wave would reach you before the sound wave, in addition, it would take the mechanism in your ear time to move and even be percieved further amplifying my point

they corrected themselves without much argument too

Last edited:
this answer is incorrect

every half hour, this is not a half hour yet which might not happen for a half hour

for instance, if he said take this with every meal, the meal I had most recently doesn't count

if a doctor wants you to take one immediatly he says take one now and then every half hour

I remember a regence question I personally corrected in the state of new york too....after review of my correction they decided everyone's answer was correct

that was the wrong decision, my answer was the only correct answer however since the people that wrote the question got it wrong they couldn't expect the students to get it right
YEs!
Finally,
Thats what i said, stupid horrible question.
I emailed the guy about it, u should to.

Oh my. You are something else...

It seemed pretty obvious to me that the answer wasn't 90 minutes, and after a little thought 60 minutes made plenty of sense. The test basically puts you up against your gut reaction to the questions -- perception is much of it, but the point is to think beyond that. For Americans, our gut reaction to the 4th of July is Independence Day, so initially we might read the first question as "Do they have an Independence Day in England?" when that's obviously not the real question being asked.

When compared to the rest, I do think the baseball and Moses questions are out of place. They rely more on knowledge than intelligence. My wife didn't know what an "inning" constituted in baseball, so that question wasn't fair for her. Overall I think it's a good test, though, and helps you see how your mind works. :)

The outs in an inning I guessed at, chose 6 as there are 6 balls in an over in cricket. :s :p Daft logic but I got it right! :p

It seemed pretty obvious to me that the answer wasn't 90 minutes, and after a little thought 60 minutes made plenty of sense. The test basically puts you up against your gut reaction to the questions -- perception is much of it, but the point is to think beyond that. For Americans, our gut reaction to the 4th of July is Independence Day, so initially we might read the first question as "Do they have an Independence Day in England?" when that's obviously not the real question being asked.

When compared to the rest, I do think the baseball and Moses questions are out of place. They rely more on knowledge than intelligence. My wife didn't know what an "inning" constituted in baseball, so that question wasn't fair for her. Overall I think it's a good test, though, and helps you see how your mind works. :)
Yeah, but with thought the questions answers were clear.
The pills question was never...
It could have been either...

I worked in a pharmacy for four years while I attended college, it made perfect sense.

Yeah, but with thought the questions answers were clear.
The pills question was never...
It could have been either...

That's strange because it was clear to me (and others as noted above) that the answer was not 90 and then made perfect sense that it would be 60. You only say it wasn't clear because you missed it. I don't see you complaining about any of the questions you got correct. :rolleyes:

That's strange because it was clear to me (and others as noted above) that the answer was not 90 and then made perfect sense that it would be 60. You only say it wasn't clear because you missed it. I don't see you complaining about any of the questions you got correct. :rolleyes:
it can't be 60 minutes muzikool

even in the best case scenario where we took his question the way he wants to believe it should be interpreted (which is not the way a prescription should be read, more later), his answer is till incorrect if we take it his way

the time in his scenario would still have to be a fraction of a second more then 60 minutes at the very least, it couldn't possibly be 60 minutes

if the multiple choice read "as little as 60 minutes pus a fraction, and as much as just under 90 minutes by that same fraction" that might be the correct choice given his interperatation...in any event the "answer" he listed not possible and it's incorrect

so, even though he's wrong regardless I'll give you two practical example which will show that you don't use his interpretation when it comes to a doctors prescription

if a doctor said "take this after your meals" that would definitely not mean after your previous meal it means after your next meal.

if the doctor wanted you to take it now he would say "take one now and then every half hour"

and now the more important practical example;

some drugs, like certain antibiotics are important to amass, a little at a time won't be affective and they have to accumulate

the protocol of taking this type of antibiotic would not indicate you take the first one immediately it indicates they need to be taken in sequence

now, if the doctor said "take these every hour till they are gone " that would in no way mean take it now, in fact you better not take it now if you can't follow the protocol of taking it every hour, you better wait until you are certain you can take it every hour

same exact thing and this authors answer is wrong

and as I said before, even if the assumption of the author makes is correct, then when the doctor said "every half hour" that couldn't possibly "start now" could it, the clock would run beginning any time from now and a half hour from now and it would take time to take that first pill from when the prescription were first given...I would think at least a few seconds unless he threw the pill into your mouth as he was giving you the prescription

not likely

Last edited:

But at least I'm a stud.

9/11

I got the moses and the widow question wrong...

Iread the thing like 5 times... OOPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back