Most annoying intelligence test ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it can't be 60 minutes muzikool...

I understand what you are saying, but you should be reading the question as it is. This isn't a test of knowledge where your understanding of medicine is gauged. I had many tests over the years in school where people (including myself) would over-analyze a question and then get it wrong. The professor would even say "read the question for what it is and don't add your own interpretation." Additionally, there may be times when you can think of an appropriate answer that isn't listed, but if it's not listed then you choose the best answer that is (60 minutes opposed to 63, 60.3, etc).

There shouldn't be the need to qualify a simple question with all sorts of additional information to prevent you from being misled. In this case, you should look at how the question relates contextually and answer accordingly.

I understand what you are saying, but you should be reading the question as it is. This isn't a test of knowledge where your understanding of medicine is gauged. I had many tests over the years in school where people (including myself) would over-analyze a question and then get it wrong. The professor would even say "read the question for what it is and don't add your own interpretation." Additionally, there may be times when you can think of an appropriate answer that isn't listed, but if it's not listed then you choose the best answer that is (60 minutes opposed to 63, 60.3, etc).

There shouldn't be the need to qualify a simple question with all sorts of additional information to prevent you from being misled. In this case, you should look at how the question relates contextually and answer accordingly.

Great points. And like you previously mentioned, this test doesn't really measure "intelligence"; it measures your ability to understand a question and coming up with an answer to that question without letting your assumptions cloud your judgment.

All in all it's a decent test of that (minus the two knowledge based questions that have already been pointed out), but hardly the most conclusive measure of someone's intelligence.

So to get annoyed by a test over something that it is not designed to measure is rather...useless and a waste of energy.

Besides, this test makes you assume that here is only 1 type of intelligence, and that is definitely not the case.

Last edited:

well, we'll dissagree then...I see you think the answer is 60 minutes and you see I think the answer can't be 60 minutes since that's impossible to accompish....and I don't mean "virtually" impossible, it is physically impossible to accomplish...my book, that answer is flat wrong

but that's most of the fun of it after all, the discussion over the answers

Last edited:
Should I move this thread to the Political Channel? =]

Nah, it is fun discussing it, so long as nobody starts yelling. :)

I think Perris is just mad he got it wrong and is trying to rationalize how stupid the test is.

I think Perris is just mad he got it wrong and is trying to rationalize how stupid the test is.
But perris is correct...
Like i said, the answer is wrong.
Like Perris said better, the answer, is wrong.

I don't mind going around in circles if there is a discussion involved, but repeating "the answer is wrong" over and over without further elaboration is annoying and fruitless. I think everyone has had the chance to put their 2 cents (or more) into this.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back