Morpheus does NOT charge for membership

I don't see what all the grappling and talk is about. It was an article some member found and posted which they thought might be useful and it comes out to be a hoax. And the big deal is? Well, I noticed how Reg was talking about waddy and all the other information held here should be taking more serious and blah blah this and that. It's no big deal. All these tweaks here are for "use with your own risk," and doesn't mean if you don't understand and go ahead and try it and screw up, you get to sue waddy and whoever else. It plainly states that you will be responsible for your own actions if you try a tweak or whatever. I've managed to come out clean and functional with everything I've tried from this site. However, news is news, what you see isn't always what you get. Get over it and just look at the media. Are they always correct? Nope. Most of it is just their opinion and what not.

I didn't talk about anyone

Well, I noticed how Reg was talking about waddy and all the other information held here should be taking more serious and blah blah this and that.

I never said anything about Waddy or other information. If that was what you got from the post, then we are misunderstanding each other. The post was to simply point out errors, nothing more. I know that news is news and that news is to not always be taken seriously. I never said anything about the site was bad. I only said that the validity of some of the things being posted should be checked. I work with a news-based site myself. In my setting, news that I post has to be accurate. My posts could make or break the reputation of companies. This is why I only (or try at least :)) to post accurate information. Now I'm not saying that everything should be put through a "Government Screening". All I said was that some of the information should be checked before it get's posted.

Originally posted by goodbye98SE
I want to amplify Reg's comments about what gets posted on the "news" page of this site.

Even one of the quotes, taken from a site that is clearly a different company, says "fee is CURRENTLY $14.95... will increase... etc.", in an attempt to prove Morpheus is "NOW charging users." It's just blatant misinformation.

Considering also the false security hole report... perhaps Waddy or his friends have been burned trying to sell some shareware?

Whatever the case may be, this sort of thing undermines the credibility of the XP-erience site as a whole. And considering the site contains numerous tips on making potentially system-fatal changes to critical files like the registry etc., the site's admins might want to start taking their credibility more seriously.

Bah, my bad man. The post was suppose to be to goodbye98SE. He mentioned your name and I kind of forgot who actually posted it, but I thought it was you. Anyway, the post was referring to goodbye98SE again. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back