More waking questions

d_b

OSNN Junior Addict
OK. If your MB supports waking on any key. What happens if you install a wireless keyboard and mouse ? Can no longer work correct ? Or can it ?

It should still work, as the Keyboard is still sending a signal.

Then the PC isn't listening as it needs power :confused: heh, good question, curious to the answer now :)

nope...I got a wireless KB and it seems that with no juice to the reciver it is a no go.

Mike

yup me too, i used to use wake on keypress for years and when i got my wireless set it stoped working, took ages to get used to pressing the power button! lol :)

Thanks. I purchased wireless at the same time I updated bios, and swore it was the bios. Don't matter how many times I change and set settings it just didn't work, now I can rest easy. However it's going to be hard to get use to pushing the butttttttton.

Usb, however I wonder did it have a ps/2 hookup ? I see were your going.

I keep seeing this thread and thinking the title is "More wanking questions"

there's a known issue here - USB needing power to run etc and in fact my M$ multimedia k/b and mouse (optical/wireless) aims to address the issue because the box has BOTH a USB and a PS2 plug on the end. This works fine on so far as getting into BIOS (I have used another wireless k/b where it would not detect DEL and I had to plug in a PS2 k/b for any BIOS ops!) but it is still not apparently good enough to wake up the machine - least not when I set my BIOS options.... Then again I have heard mentin of BIOS options to wake on USB - no idea beyond that... no first hand experience that is.

Is there wake on mouse movement ? If so couldn't I plug in a ps/2 mouse hide it in the drawer and up from there ?

I believe there is a wake on mouse button, don't know about movement, not heard of it myself

if u were to do that...would it just be easier to press the power button?

Actually yes but no. I have the case custom built into desk. however I have moved it out due to this issue.

My asus board has wake on mouse button, I do believe... Mine is an A7N8X-Deluxe... I would assume most other recent boards would have the same feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back