More Startup Problems.....

D

DjNothing

OK, when I start XP, the desktop pops up with no problem. I used bootvis, and so I did see an improvement in the time it takes to boot up. However, its a good 60 seconds or so before Im able to do anything.
I wonder if maybe there is some unseen (and most likely useless) program booting up, and causing this delay. Ive fixed the services menu, so the useless stuff doesnt start up.
I wonder what the problem is.
If it matters, heres my specs:
Sony VAIO PCG-FXA33 laptop
128 MB RAM
900mhz AMD Duron
15GBHD

I personally think its a driver not initializing and causing the hangup ....

OK youve used Bootvis .. did you see the "Driver Tracking" option ?
The graph should show you the issue

Run that and it tells you what the Driver is and how long it is taking ....

Its a good help

I hope it helps you out ......

startup problems....

Have you tried running "msconfig" to check what all is starting? That may help. Just do Start, Run, Msconfig. Works pretty much the same as under Win98. Hope it helps!

James Wheat
http://belprecomputerwizard.com

A kinda risky idea but along with running msconfig you can also open Services and change all your services to manual. Then reboot and do some of the things you normaly do on your computer. (i.e. browse the internet, play a game, open up some apps)

Then open services again and everything you see that has "Started" set to automatic instead of manual.

This way no unnesscessary services load each time you boot windows.

Just make sure you leave the Windows Audio service on automatic or you wont have any sound. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back