More Single Layer DVD Firmware Upgrades to Dual Layer

Gonna flash my 411s that was flashed 6 months ago from 401s so i could read +r. Hope this works alright :). Wont be able to do it untill i get home from school or after i get back from drivers ed.

Be careful doing that TittleBitties. You might have to revert to the original firmware then go with the cross flash. Remember, underneath you dvd rom is still a 401S.

Yeah i know...i havent got it to work yet. I forgot how to do it and its not a big deal cause i wont have the money to buy dual layer disks.

woot... Thanks to dual-layer, the single layer media prices have come down. :D

£1 per 4.7GB DVD+RW... not sure how much dual-layer media costs though. haven't seen one yet in the UK. :p

EP, no, CD write speeds are no longer going up. think they said they reached a standstill as to how much centrifugal force the CD can handle before it blows into little tiny chunks. Still, why would u need faster than 52x? that's like..... a full cd in about 5-6 minutes or less

Don't forget, you only write at 52x on the outter edges of the CD - so no point unless you burn 650/700MB each time you stick a blank CD in.

I flashed my nec 2500 to the 2510 and it works perfectly. My friend tried it and it went to crap so it's a gamble on what hardware will do it and not jsut different hardware.

Also I recently bought 50 blank dvd+Rs for 28 dollars so the prices are dropping a lot. Still not seeing any deals at all for big packs dl discs so 4.7 will have to do.

Also some drives after upgrading will let slower media burn at faster speeds. My friend has an old burner and bought -Rs instead of +Rs so he gave them to me. They are 4x but they burn in my burner at 8x so sometimes flashing will help in other cases as well

ElementalDragon said:
EP, no, CD write speeds are no longer going up. think they said they reached a standstill as to how much centrifugal force the CD can handle before it blows into little tiny chunks. Still, why would u need faster than 52x? that's like..... a full cd in about 5-6 minutes or less

It's true what Ming said. 52X is the very best you can get.

But I have a LiteOn 52X and it will burn a standard CD in about 3 minutes. No reason to wait if you don't have too. I can also do drive to drive DVD burns, no copy. I also used to have a 56X read Acer drive, I watched it peak on a *.iso disk at 64X, then the CD did shatter in the drive. Kinda cool.

There's a 54x burner out there. I think it's a Mitsui, but since it's almost 3am, i'm not so sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back