More RAM for Vista?

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting some more RAM for my system, my current specs (in case my sig goes offline again) are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
MSI 975X Platinum
2GB PC5300 DDRII RAM
Geforce 7600GT

At the moment I'm running Vista, everything runs fine and is pretty quick, but I'm not sure how long my 2GB of RAM will be sufficient for next-gen games and newer applications (I edit big photos and videos too). Although my graphics card will need upgrading for newer games, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it :)

So the question is, will I see the benefit from installing another 2GB of RAM, exactly the same spec? It's currently on Crucial.com for £34 including postage, which seems pretty good to me considering I paid over £100 for the same thing less than a year ago!

I know that with Vista 32-bit (which I am currrently running) will only see about 3.5GB but as I'm doing this for 'future proofing' and I can get a free 64-bit disc for my existing 32-bit Vista, so I don't think that will be a problem.

Cheers guys.

Vista x86 will see 3325MB, I speak from experience.

With 60 processes (Outlook, IE, WMP included) I am using 1.25GB right now. Throw on Photoshop CS3 and Nero Burning ROM 8 and I am using 1.50GB (during burning).

Vista x86 will see 3325MB, I speak from experience.

With 60 processes (Outlook, IE, WMP included) I am using 1.25GB right now. Throw on Photoshop CS3 and Nero Burning ROM 8 and I am using 1.50GB (during burning).
matt, I'm surprised you don't have a 64 bit version that will see all you can afford

I will be switching to x64 during my next reformat (soon), but at the time UltraMon lacked 64-bit support.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back