More Optimus Keyboard info

That's still pretty cool. I'd buy one of the mini's; especially if it comes in a wireless flavor.

It's complex.

I still don't understand people's fascination with this. Yes, its a kewl concept but there are so many things that could cause this keyboard to be a flop.

The oil on the keys, the oleds and circuitary, power draw, weight. I mean come on.

I love the g-15 and the lcd screen. I love the backlit keys. I love the g-keys as well but I am really struggling to see how the heck oled keys make something better. I mean how much time do we really spend looking at the keys?

The blue backlight is a nice visual touch for me, I am not sure if I want a multi-color thinger on my desk.

Westlake Village (CA) - The famous Optimus OLED keyboard may actually be coming to the market in May, but only in a miniature version for now. Dubbed the Optimus mini three, the keyboard will have three keys with miniature OLED screens on top. Art Lebedev Studios, the makers of the keyboard, has begun taking pre-orders and says it will ship the keyboard on May 15.

Mini-keyboard? Meh... My current keyboard is getting on in years (it's actually old enough to be PS/2 if that gives any idea on age). But still, for a desktop, a full sized keyboard is easier to manage. The keyboard on my friend's laptop, is easy enough for me to have a slight effort keeping my rather largish fingers on the right keys, and to be able to tell by feel, that my fingers have gotten to the right ones :eek:

Perhaps someone with dankly lil hands... I have large/fat fingers by comparison to some people... 3 additional keys doesn't sound that impressive either.

Damn, that sure is a sexy little thing...... just to $$!!!

People have started to recieve their 3 button "keyboards" in the mail. Here is a link to one such person.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1099406

I sure hope costs come down on the parts... In that thread I think someone speculated the cost per key which would put a standard 101 keyboard in the $5k range..... :speechless:

haha, yeah I remember using that keyboard. Has that very satisfying "CLICK CLUNK" sound ever time you hit a key. heavy though...

I learned how to type on a typewritter. I cannot get used to the soft-touch keyboards - even though I've already worn out 3 of them (key letters not visible) I have yet to see a worn out IBM key.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back