More IE7 config questions,

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Got other questions:

1: Where can I delete/stop/remove/change that annoying musical song that plays when the activeX/popupblocker bar shows up? I have searched through my Windows folder with no success.

2: How can I get IE7 to open maximized all the time? It does not want to co-operate.

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

1. Should be in sounds under the heading of "Windows Explorer".

2. Right-click shortcut > properties > run "maximized".

Thanks, AZ,

But I don't understand, where do I find the heading "Windows Explorer"?

And I do right click on the shortcut on the desktop, but there no areas for that (run maximized)

Sorry, but I can't believe how lost I am going back to IE

Thanks in advanced,

Heeter

where do I find the heading "Windows Explorer"?

In control panel > sounds, speech and audio devices > sounds and audio devices > sound tab
do right click on the shortcut on the desktop, but there no areas for that (run maximized)
The shortcut on the desktop may only show internet options so either delete it and make a new shortcut for the desktop or use the shortcut in quick launch.

Hey all,

2: How can I get IE7 to open maximized all the time? It does not want to co-operate.

Heeter

You can't, opening at different window sizes is a bug. There is also a bug that changes the default font size no matter what you set it to. People have been complaining about these "features" for years.

The most you can hope for is to close IE with the setup you want and sometimes it will stay that way for a while.

You can't, opening at different window sizes is a bug
Interesting you say that as IE opens maximized for me and has for years now.

Attachments

• ie.jpg
    ie.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 205
Thanks for the screenie, AZ

I still can't open it maximized, oh well.

It crashes when I try to download something from a file server site, like filefarmer or rapidshare.

When I type in an address, it uses an existing tab instead of creating a new one.

I know this is still RC1, but I cannot believe that it still can be this buggy, can it?

Thanks so far for everything,

Heeter

Should run maximized as it works for me. See if it will work if you close IE in a different way. Maximize IE and then close it while still maximized but use Alt+F4 to close IE instead of clicking on the X in the right upper corner. IE should remember how the window was when it was closed and open the same way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back