more accurate mouse

dubstar

format c:
Control Panel > Mouse > Hardware > Properties > Advanced Settings

Adjust your Sample Rate to 200 reports / second

I go to that, and when I get to "Properties", I can't find "Advanced Settings" ???

Bman™ said:
I go to that, and when I get to "Properties", I can't find "Advanced Settings" ???
It depends on your mouse make/drivers ... I get 9 tabs of options (not 1 properties).

I currently have 3 mice attached to my rig :D

I doubt I can adjust settings w/o fubarring the whole system..

/me did turn sample rate for wireless mouse to minimum though...

Admiral Michael said:
I believe it has to be a PS/2 Mouse.
nope running a ps/2 mouse here :)

* Edit * - I should have been in bed hrs ago (aka mis-read one of the mouse -> hardware steps :p )

ya, I think this oprion is only available for PS/2 mice. I checked both my computers (one has PS/2, one has USB). The option is on the PS/2 mouse and not in the USB mouse options.

Btw, its the same mouse. (Logitech Optical Mouse)

mines a microsoft optical on usb and i get it.

edit.. my mistake.. i guess i plug it in USB, but on the driver properties it says its PS/2.. now im a bit confused.

Yeah, seems to be a PS/2-only option. The touchpad on my laptop is connected via a PS/2 interface, and it does have the sampling rate option. I remember setting it to 200 samples/sec when I first got the laptop itself.
On the other hand, the external mouse that I sometimes plug-in via USB (Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical) doesn't have the option.

if you have a mx500 its under the motion tab at the bottom.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back