Monochrome

djwhite

OSNN Senior Addict
My Dad is doing a computer course, and it tells him that it's best to set your monitor to 2 colour to reduce eyestrain. I think thats a load of bull, but he wants to do it anyway. But I don't think you can in XP, I can only get 16 bit and 32 bit. Anyone know of anyway to get XP to display 2 colour? Please tell me I'm right abut this.

Kinda a waste of having a good computer/monitor... It can't be done. Reducing eye strain should be done by adjusting the Refresh Rate... the higher the better

... and using a monitor with an anti-glare coating/screen. ;)

Thats what I told him, but did he believe me? nooo:rolleyes:

lol...i hope your dad didnt have to pay for this course ....if so he is due a refund!! :)

want to reduce eye strain?
this is a good excuse, con him into buying an LCD monitor.... they don't make your eyes tired as they don't emit the radiation that make you buggy after staring at it for hours........ beside they use less power too

don't see it, id rather look at 16 million colors (as the eye see naturally) than at two, but if he still has to have it then look, say, on ebay or at an old computer shop, I'm sure and old green or orange monochrome monitor can be had very, very cheap

maybe try hooking up a really really old monitor to your computer, like from an old Tandy, that just did color in green and black. but that not might be compataible

maybe try hooking up a really really old monitor to your computer, like from an old Tandy, that just did color in green and black. but that not might be compataible

Ha, those old school hand-crank Ford Model T cars were very easy to work on... should you get one??

No. It doesn't matter what that computer course told your dad, there is a reason its gone, and 16-bit and 32-bit is so common, plain and simple.

Thanks guys, I told my dad exactly what you guys have said before i started this thread, and he didn't believe me. After showing him this thread, he decided that I wasn't making it up and he gave up on 2 colour.

And Kevin, I do know how bad monochrome looks, that's why I never used the computers in my old primary school.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back