Monitors Confused

N

Not Bman

I have 2 monitors setup (well one is a TV). And I finally have it setup with Ubuntu how I want it, my TV on the left is #2 and the mouse can move to the right into my Monitor on the right #1.

But before I had it so I had to move to the left to get to my Monitor, and now when ever I open a dialog window or anything, it opens on the TV instead of the monitor, even if it's related to something on the Monitor screen.

Ideas to fix this?

*Yes I have been asking a lot of questions here the past few days, the Ubuntu kind of forums are crazy, so I would rather try here first :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply.

Yea I was afraid you would say that. After a couple of days using it, it seems to be 50/50 chance, sometimes it opens on the screen I want and sometimes I don't. I guess it's not that big of a problem.

Thanks. Going to keep looking though. Maybe some other programs out there other then the ATI software that will setup monitors.

one thing to take a look at is to upgrade to a system with an IOMMU (e.g. AMD 890FX chipset) and then manually setup a Xen Virtual machine for windows 7 and map the vga card to that VM. The IOMMU (also present on high end intel hardware) will allow near native 3D graphics with any hardware. So you could play your windows games largely straight up.

It does appear to be a new development though so expect a bumpy ride if you go that route. For google purposes you want to search for Xen VT-d.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back