Monitor troubles

U

UofEEE

Every so often my monitor flickers and the bottom of the screen shakes. I'm not sure what causes that, but I was wondering if it was the monitor, video card or motherboard? I think it's the monitor, but I did have to get a new video card not too long ago. Stupid EVga (Crap) cards. But let me know what you guys think

i have an older monitor that i used to use that did the same thing you are describing but it isnt broken and still works fine but it still does that flickering once in a while.i dont know what causes it but it doesnt seem to be harmful

I had a Dell Monitor, and I assumed that it was doing this with age. Then I checked the power connection on it, and everything went a-ok.

Let me explain : If you run all of your computer goodness on a powerstrip, sometimes, it can be too much for your outlet's total power, and there will be too much electricity usage unless you unplug a bunch of stuff or move to a different outlet. I found that this causes the monitor to flicker.

Also, a loose connection could do this also, as well as refresh rate at a wrong setting.

i was thinking it sounded like the monitor was degaussing by itself. never heard of such a thing, so i could be wrong... but if it is, it's probably not a big deal.

Do you have external (detached) speakers really close to your monitor? It could be magnetic interference caused by the magnets in the speakers.

Also seems like I read somewhere about unplugging the monitor from the power source for 30 or 60 seconds and then plugging it back in - I think it had something to do with starting auto deagussing if the monitor has that function.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back