Monitor Suggestions

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Ok guys ... I'm looking for suggestions on a new monitor, mine died last night :mad:

It was only 2 years old, ViewSonica VA720. Unfortunately, the warantee was only good for 1 year :mad: I'm using my daughters old CRT monitor atm and it sucks lol.

I'll be shopping for one today, what would you suggest?

Why don't you phone the company you bought it off, tell them you forgot about the warranty and demand a repair as their goods should last more than the time you purchased it to the time it died.

I did have my T.V. go blind after 3 days past the year the gurantee was offered and they repaired it. You could claim it on the house and contents insurance if you have that also.

Why would anyone claim such nonsense on their home owners insurance? A claim against your insurance makes for higher premiums.

I did call ViewSonic last night, all I got was a phone # in CA for repair. I live in TX and refuse to pay for shipping.

I'm looking for suggestions on a new monitor

jeez jewelzz no need to bite lee's head of even if he does support the tories (or the conservatives as they like to be called)

I would honestly go in terms of makes either sony or mitsubishi/nec, both very good companies.

Also depends on what you want to spend heres a list from newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/app/searchPro...DEPA=1&bop=and&description=crt&InnerManu=1591

Also where in texas are you, perhaps go to fry's?!

How much are you looking to spend on a new Monitor? CRT or TFT?

also bear in mind you need a low pixal pitch 29ms or lower, and the lower the response time the better 9ms and below.

I would suggest a 20" Dell (either the 2100FP or 2005FPW) Great monitors at a great price for the size, you will pay slightly over $500 though both could arguably be the best cost per size...

My 2 cents though!

Dell always has specials NetRyder always seems to find them fast I would drop him a PM!

thats true mlakrid, but she only wants to spend around $300. does dell have anything in that price range?

mlakrid said:
I would suggest a 20" Dell (either the 2100FP or 2005FPW) Great monitors at a great price for the size, you will pay slightly over $500 though both could arguably be the best cost per size...

My 2 cents though!

Dell always has specials NetRyder always seems to find them fast I would drop him a PM!
The 2001FP and 2005FPW are some of the best displays in their class, no doubt, and they're very reasonably priced for their size and specs, but they're not going to sell for anything less than $500 at present, unfortunately.

Dell does have 17" TFTs that fall within the $300-$350 range, and they're decent displays, but you probably might be able to get better panels than the E173FP or 1704FPV elsewhere. In any case, if you want to take a look, here they are:
E173FP - Analog VGA only
1704FPV - VGA/DVI

Jewelzz said:
Why would anyone claim such nonsense on their home owners insurance? A claim against your insurance makes for higher premiums.

I did call ViewSonic last night, all I got was a phone # in CA for repair. I live in TX and refuse to pay for shipping.

i think Samsung has an 80" plasma monitor ..oh wait that wont quite fit the 300 budget.

I agree with mlakrid ..the 2 bigger dell monitors and apparently even the 24 inch widescreen are all goodies.

A couple hundred dollars more and you would have a far superior product. 500ish with shipping mixed with the correct discount codes.

Seems like a couple of 19" displays just fell into your price range. ;)

E193FP (Analog VGA only):
- 1280 x 1024
- Dot Pitch: 0.294 mm
- Image Brightness: 250 cd/m2 (typical)
- Image Contrast Ratio: 500:1 (typical)
- Response Time: 16ms
- Viewing angle: +/- 70 degrees
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?TabPage=techspecs&sku=320-4087&c=us&l=en&cs=19
$399 - 25% [Code: 3$THVVV4XV7KD4 Expires 04/03] = $299

1905FP (VGA+DVI):
- 1280 x 1024
- Dot Pitch: 0.294 mm
- Image Brightness: 250 cd/m2 (typical)
- Image Contrast Ratio: 800:1 (typical)
- Response Time: 20ms
- Viewing angle: +/- 85 degrees
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?TabPage=overview&sku=320-4113&c=us&l=en&cs=19
$499 - 30% [Code: D7L9QWS?X48W30 Expires 04/03] = $349

Jewelzz said:

try getting NEC monitors (CRT or LCD they are both good) that goes for ViewSonic too they are good as well, my school only uses them 2, i have a 17" sharp LCD it's quite nice too

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back