Monitor Sugestions

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi everyone I’m looking for a new monitor since my last one died last night, but I have no idea where to look for reviews of monitors. I’m thinking of getting a CRT 17-19inch I don’t really like LCD monitors and I don’t mind not having lots of space on my desk. I would prefer to stay around $400 US but if there is a nice one for a little more I will bump up my budget. If anyone has some recommendations I would love to hear them I'm totally lost when it comes to monitors.

I would recommend a Samsung 955DF. I got one for my Dad for Christmas, and I'm VERY impressed with it! You really can't beat a .20 dot pitch on a CRT for a consumer monitor! The color and clarity are fantastic on it!

~JM

Samsung Syncmaster. My 753DF (17 inch is great and sells for about $100-120 now). Not sure on the 19 inch pricing.

The Syncmaster was the lowest glare monitore I could find.

I would also suggest a Samsung. My brother has a 17" Syncmaster model and it's an excellent monitor.

i have a viewsonig perfectflat a70-f, it kicks ass, and i like it a lot

KDS makes some great monitors. I use the XF-9e and the XF-7e, both cheaply available online.

LeeJend said:
Samsung Syncmaster. My 753DF (17 inch is great and sells for about $100-120 now). Not sure on the 19 inch pricing.

The Syncmaster was the lowest glare monitore I could find.

I have the Samtron 76DF which is the same monitor. Can get it for under $100. Saw it recently for $89 at Sam's Club.

I too have the Samsung SyncMaster 753DF, got it for about $122 Canadian. Im very pleased with it (its much better then my 15inch Unisys :p)

In addition, Samsung has great warranties on their monitors... some (if not all) come with 3 years.

Iiyama do some kicking montiors, I tend to stick with them or go for Mitsubishi/NEC

I ended up getting a Samsung...the reviews said it had above average graphics better than most other 19" monitors. Had to order it though :( so wont get it till next week.

I would recommend the Iiyama vision master pro 454 19" crt, retailing at around £230 its a steal for the features it has. Supports up to 120Hz refresh at 1280x960 (what im running) will run a respectable 100hz at 1600x1200 as i remember too. Also has a usb hub in the base, and dual inputs for those computer building moments.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back