Monitor recommandations [!]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
After a badluck I hope will choose another brand for my upgrade and I hope somebody can help me choosing a new device ( monitor CRT 17'' max 220$ ) .
Brands accepted :
1. LG
2. Sony ( forgot they are not under completing )
3. CTX
4. Philips

and others if suggested . Thanks for all , Cosmin ..

I took a look at reviews for some 17" CRTs over at ZDNet. Here are some recommendations:

CTX
CTX PL 7C

Sony
Sony STYLEPRO CPD-E240/B

Phillips
Philips Brilliance 107P20

LG
LG Electronics LG Flatron 775FT

Some of the Samsung monitors are also pretty nice. I have the Samsung SyncMaster 753DF and I like it.

can you help me find a good monitor thats 19'' and under 200 bucks. i was thinking about the samsung 955DF...but i saw some bad reviews from some place (cnet) but then another place had good reviews (amazon) so i don't know if i should get it.

The 955DF looks fine unless you are going to run at higher resolutions. 1024 and 1280 resolutions should be fine on that one. I've looked around a bit, and that Samsung looks to be a good bet.

I went through 5 monitors (bought then returned) last spring and 8 retail stores before I found the monitor I have now. What I found was that all the monitors had too damn much glare (even if they said low glare, flat screen)!!!!!!

Two were acceptable the Viewsonic ($220) and the Samsung ($150) May 2002 prices. I ended up with the Samsung. The Viewsonic had a little less glare but was $70 bucks more and because of the Triniton CRT they have 2 horizontal grey lines (wires to stiffen the mask in the CRT) at 30 and 60 % up the screen. This is a major pain when doing drawings, spreadsheets and word processing.

My model is the Samsung 753DF a friend has one also. Both have been excellent optically and no reliability problems.

The glare on every other brand was too high. If I had a shirt with white in it, and the lamp on behind the monitor, on dark screens (like is common in games) I was constantly distracted by the white streaks from my shirt. It was so bad I actually took a picture of myself reflected in the screen when the monitor was off to email friends who didn't beleive me.

Stay away from the, I think its called "diamond scan", crt based models. I had one for a month and the little diamond patterns were causing me eye strain. No matter what I tried (brightness, contrast, moire, softness, etc) I couldn't get rid of the problem.

Whatever you decide on try and find one that you can actually look at somewhere. Good luck. I hope ot to have to shop for a monitor again for many years...

http://www.tcwo.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=2826&sid=44oBmP0lsMV91hk

the above is a lovely monitor... one of my m8's has one... and it is quite sharp...

it can be found for less around the web... I listed that since it is @ my local store...

the monitor has 1600x1200 @ 75hz (flicker free) and the dot pitch is quite small... so the image is quite crisp... the OSD is straightforward... only 2 temperature levels... but it is not too shabby in the least... for the price (should be able to find it for under 200 some places online easily...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back