Monitor Question

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
I have a GS790 Viewsonic its not very sharp in windows. It appears to me that its a bit fuzzy. Not a sharp and clear as my EIZO. This monitor was given to me.. so I really don't have room to complain. I thought ViewSonic would of had a sharper monitor thant this.

I am running @ 1024 x 768 my max refresh rate should 118 Hz. I have it set to 100 Hz. You think that would be causing the problem?

I run mine @ 85Hz when using 1024 x 768 as though my card can go higher it makes everything more blurry instead of sharper.

I sort of have that too, but it's not really a problem for me as the effect isn't bad at all. Anyway, my monitor is currently set to 1024x768 @ 85 Hz. Works just fine, I can read everything clearly, etc. When I set it to 60 Hz, however, everything becomes sharper. A bit too sharp for my likings, but I guess higher refresh rates come with a cost in sharpness. :p

Huh?

Lee said:
Set the right refresh rate, find it out by googling the actual monitor.
Check for drivers and also how the controls work. I have a TFT and it's max RR is 75 mhz, had it for years and works fine, I did notice it went a bit like what you were talking about, so I made sure it hit max RR and size, checked tracking and tuned it till picture was tight (crisp). Start here-->>>> http://www.viewsonic.com/support/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/graphicseries/gs790/

What the high hootin hell is Tracking? Refresh rate I'm down with. Tracking I've only seen in reference to VCRs.

Do tell?

-Wrath

I already replied to 'tracking' already 3 up. On my monitor I push a button, that brings up a menu I then move down to quality which brings up a further menu (OSD) has frequency, phase, track, Text/Gfx and exit.

Clicking track (tracking) adjusts the picture from clear and nice to fuzzy and vice-versa.

Yes similar to a VCR.

Is that o.k.?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back