Monitor problems

• Thread starter bossdodgers
  • Start date
B

bossdodgers

As of today I have been experiencing problems with my monitor. It will randomly black out and the only way to get it back on is to turn it off and then on again. I have not installed any new graphics drivers recently and sometimes it will go for a couple of hours before it happens and other times it is every couple of minutes. I assume it is a refresh rate problem although I had not altered any settings prior to the problem and the monitor has never been run above the supported refresh rates. I have lowered the refresh rates to the minimum supported on each resolution and the problem still occurs. I have re-installed the display Drivers and tried different drivers but still the same problem occurs. It seems to do it more at higher resolutions.

Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 730 Monitor
AMD Athlon 1.4 DDR
Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti500
512 MB DDR RAM
Creative Audigy
Windows XP Home Edition (SP1)

Any suggestions appreciated

If you have access to another pc with monitor, try changing the two and see what happens. It might actually be the monitor dying slowly. :( If another monitor runs fine on your pc, see what the bad monitor does on another system.

Good luck, EJ :cool:

Thanks for your help.

It ended up being the monitor as it completely packed up a couple of days later.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back