Monitor Lines and fields

T

THEM

I have a problem...

I have circular lines on both left and right sides of my monitor, only visible at certain colors... (fe: white) (like a magnetic field)...

I moved almost every object in the area, without the lines beiing moved or bent. When I rotate my monitor, the lines do move or bend a little. Degause does not help.

I have an athlon pc, with video and sound card and 350W power supply... Nothing special about it, and not to many cards init at all...

My 17" monitor, about a year old I think, stand about 15 cm from my PC...

Next to my Monitor are two small satelites speakers, very small, about 12W RMS, at least 15-20 cm from my monitor...
The receiver of these satelites is even farther away from my monitor...
I have a HIFI installation connected to my pc, and it stands, with the speakers, behind me, at least 1.5/2 meters...
Bellow my desk (+/-30cm from my monitor) is a smaller subwoofer of only 30W RMS...
My television is at least 5m away, and my printer at least 2m...
I cannot think of any additional magnetic devices in the area...

Any IDs?

Do you have another monitor that you can swap with to see if it's the monitor that's giving you problems? Or another Computer that you can plug the Monitor in question into?

It's not my pc, since I changed from a TNT2 to a GeForce Ti 500... Same result... And the problem remains if I connect like: GeForce -> MPEG Card > Monitor...

I do have another monitor... also gives these lines.

I am a little experienced in electonics, programming and fysics...
But I don't know what I am to do here...

Quick suggestion/opinion...

Sometimes the Electrical lines in the wall create a magnetic feild, try moving the entire system temporarily to a different part of the house or room and see if it clears up for ya.. I have had systems that do the same thing, and if I move them 5 feet right or left it clears up fine...

Just a thought...

Hmmm...

I tought of that, but I never did it since it isn't really that simple... Might take an houre or two to comply ;-)

Is there any danger to this? monitor damage maybee on long term? cause I'm actually a pretty lazy person ;-)

I have seen it do permanant damage if its magnetic...

Don't know....
These lines are almost unvisible... I can't take a screen shot, you know ;-), but it's very fainth, it it almost doesn't move when I retract my monitor from my wall...

accually moved computer to middle of room - lines fading....yey

may have been speakers or wall

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back