monitor is flickering

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
yeah i posted this but i never really good any replies. anyway i have this program that brightens my screen since my monitor is going old i guess and is dark and anyway it flickers and then it gets dark and i haveto click on the program that brightens it up to get it back. should i get a new monitor or something???????? someone said it might be the refresh rate but i don't think so b/c its at the lowest and if i put it anymore it will explode b/c its a really old monitor!

Originally posted by prodj88
yeah i posted this but i never really good any replies. anyway i have this program that brightens my screen since my monitor is going old i guess and is dark and anyway it flickers and then it gets dark and i haveto click on the program that brightens it up to get it back. should i get a new monitor or something???????? someone said it might be the refresh rate but i don't think so b/c its at the lowest and if i put it anymore it will explode b/c its a really old monitor!

if its flickering and a CRT.. than yah... the tube is probably @ the end of the line...

yeah its a CRT.....great......I DON'T HAVE MONEY. i will just wait until it completely goes bad.....then my parents can pay for it.

OMG MY MONITOR IS DYING. THERE WAS LIKE A CHUNK OF MISSING SCREEN ON THE MONITOR. ITS GETING GHETO!

THERE WAS LIKE A CHUNK OF MISSING SCREEN ON THE MONITOR.
LOL! :D
That sounds really bad for sure. I hope it doesn't catch fire or anything. But if it hasn't yet, it's probably no risk. :) So just tell your parents it might catch fire, and that you need a new one.

Good luck!

someone said it might be the refresh rate but i don't think so b/c its at the lowest and if i put it anymore it will explode b/c its a really old monitor!

this kind of happened with an old monitor of my mums in the past... it didnt go dark or flicker, but it was the cause of the refresh rate why it died. A lot of old monitors dont even support 800x600 @60Hz, which is a problem for using Win2K or XP.

What size is the monitor and what resolution are you running it at? The majority of brand new 15" monitors only support 1024x768 @ 60Hz, so the chances of an old one supporting even that are pretty slim I suppose.

I've even seen 15" monitors stuggle at 60Hz on 800x600 in the past... I tend to use them on Win9x systems because of the "Optimal" refresh rate setting

But, (finally getting to the point of the whole post), I'd definitely recommend getting a new monitor - they're not exactly expensive as they used to be... I picked up a 17" iiyama monitor from http://www.scan.co.uk (in the UK) for about £91 - its actually a really good monitor for its price.

my AcerView 33D (13")... i had to use Refresh Force so it could run at 800x600 @ 56Hz. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back