Monitor Freq

L

Leo154

I have a Samsung SAMTRON 50E (15") monitor.. it doesn't have a problem... But with the new nVidia driver, it sees to be able to work on much higher freq, like 100hz on 1024... and it can even do 1154 but on 60 Hz.. I know that the max the monitor is supposed to do is 75hz on 1024.. I've put it on that.. but I wouldn't mind increasing.. will it damage the monitor if i do?

I would stick to the recommendations by the monitor manufacturer. Otherwise, damage could occur.

My KDS 19" monitor will refuse to run at a speed higher than the specs. The NVIDIA drivers will sometimes show all of the rates of the card without taking the monitor into account. Looking at the attached you can see that you can tell the drives not to show rates the monitor will not handle.........

60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120. these are the only values that xp uses for monitor refresh rates. so, say, if your monitor is capable of doing 98hz at a certain resolution, the max xp will let you do is 85hz.

for instance, my monitor is capable of 118hz at 1024x768. i used to only be able to choose 100hz, but with NVRT 2.01, i can select any refresh rate value i want. when i'm in a game menu at 640x480, my monitor is doing a cool 170hz. :cool:

it's just a matter of finding your monitor's absolute max refresh rates. but, yes.. going above that at all will most likely cause damage sooner or later.

thanx... i guess I'll keep it at 75hz then... but does anyone have any idea why with the new drivers the monitor can even do such high refresh rates... coz I'm pretty sure with 30.72, when I bput 1024X32X85 I'd get a black screen and wait 15sec to get it back.. but now it works... why??

If you go above what the screen can handle, it will look all messed up (or say "out of synch"). It's above this you supposedly could cause damage. As long as the picture is stable there is no danger. Keep it as high as possible to go easy on the eyes.

Originally posted by Zedric
If you go above what the screen can handle, it will look all messed up (or say "out of synch"). It's above this you supposedly could cause damage. As long as the picture is stable there is no danger. Keep it as high as possible to go easy on the eyes.

that and you can bbq the pixels coz the temps will rise :)

do not exceed manufacturer specs for monitors... that is ONE thing you should NOT 'overclock' :cool:

I am suprised no one has mentioned the refresh utility for win xp reforce. it will alow you to do the optimum for your display
Refresh force

okay thanx you guys.. decided to keep it on 75hz to be on the safe side

Originally posted by Sazar
that and you can bbq the pixels coz the temps will rise :)
*gets vision*
A fan modded screen! With LED-fans and glow-lights. *weee*

Maybe not... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back