Monitor Blackout

hotmale

OSNN Addict
My 17" LG Flatron monitor screen keeps on turning black very frequently which is of course very annoying. It's rather like the blank screensaver but happens even if I'm active. Does anyone know the possible cause and/or solution?

Wonders if in control panel you have turn off monitor after a small period of time. Under power options. Turn off monitor after 1 minute, 2, 3, 4 etc.

Or it could just be a faulty screensaver.

Thanks to both of you. But Lee, no it's not the power options or a screensaver because it happens when I'm active (typing, moving mouse...). However, I'll try your suggestions, dreamliner77.

yeah check for loose pins and loose wires becaus that causes some flickering and bad monitor problems (trust me i know) haha and also make sure you have the right video driver cause that could cause some problems so just find the one that works best even tho it might not be the latest and another thing to try is look under the hertz setting for the monitor and make sure ur monitor can handle it --- b/c if ur like doing 85 hertz on 1600 x 1200 thats way too high if u know what i mean? so just let us know what happens

I had the same problem with my 17"BenQ LCD Monitor.
I changed the timer display settings and have not had a black screen since. Heres my settings they might work for you.

Attachments

• setting.JPG
    setting.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for the advice. But for some reason I haven't had the problem all day till now. Let's see what happens; if it returns, I'll try what you said.
Good day!

Just a quick question, are you OC'in your system? I had this problem when I OC'ed my system.

Actually, no, I don't OC my system. Just tweak the hell out of it by trying every registry hack and system tweaking program available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back