Monitor Advice - Two 24" LCD (which ones) or a 30"

Halogen-Free

As part of Dell’s continuous efforts to eliminate the use of environmentally sensitive materials in our products, the Dell UltraSharp 2009W is the first Halogen-Reduced Dell flat panel monitor that offers multiple printed circuit boards containing “halogen-free” laminates (per JPCA ES-01-1999), as well as “halogen-free” chassis plastics. Through responsible manufacturing, Dell is helping us all go green.

Neat. I haven't seen anything in the pipeline.

my 37" tv does what i need it to do :) - wish i had a job so i could get plasma :(

Not sure if you have placed your order yet, but I Just wanted chime in with my own experiences. I run a 24" and a 20" (cant afford another 24" atm). My 24" is a Samsung, and my 20" is a dell. I personally recommend looking at some Samsung 24" panels, in my opinion they are superior to dells in performance, quality and price.

Samsung 245BW
Samsung 245T

Actually just earlier tonight placed the order, I'm very happy with my decision and very excited :D

Great jorb! I'm hungry now.

Not sure if you have placed your order yet, but I Just wanted chime in with my own experiences. I run a 24" and a 20" (cant afford another 24" atm). My 24" is a Samsung, and my 20" is a dell. I personally recommend looking at some Samsung 24" panels, in my opinion they are superior to dells in performance, quality and price.

Samsung 245BW
Samsung 245T
Aprox first of all you can NOT compare a 20" of ANY manufacturer to the 24" of any OTHER manufacturer, the native resolutions are totally different... as for the 24" to 24" direct comparisons lets do just that...

245BW
1920x1200
5ms response time (Grey to Grey)
3000:1 contrast ratio (1000:1 typical)
16:10 widescreen aspect ratio
image enhancing image technologies (whatever that means)
adjustable stand
Cost: approx $375

245T
1920x1200
6ms response time (Grey to Grey)
1000:1 contrast ratio
(1500:1 if using dynamic backlighting) 350cid with backlighting
16:9 or 16:10 dependent upon setting
97 percent color gamut
Cost: approx $615

Dell 2408WFP
1920x1200
6ms response time (Grey to Grey)
3000:1 contrast ratio 400cd with dynamic ligthing
110% color gamut
$625

With all of this info... there is no way the 245BW even competes, and the 245T price I listed is through online vendors where the price I listed for the 2408 is directly through dell...

KC as far as I am concerned you made the right choice...

REPS +!!

Mike A!

Last edited:
I wasn't necessarily comparing the 20" to my 24", I wasn't very clear with that. I have used several 24" dells over the years, 06 being the most recent revision.

These babies are second to NONE :smoker:

I'll post some pics of teh beauty when I receive them :)

So I currently have 2x 19"
Each one has a dead pixel and one has a dead bug behind it (yay)

Was almost tempted by a 24" somewhere, but I really need at least 2 monitors.

So, get 2x24's -

You can achieve your dreams, I am living proof, BEEFCAKE, BEEFCAKE!!!!!

I wasn't necessarily comparing the 20" to my 24", I wasn't very clear with that. I have used several 24" dells over the years, 06 being the most recent revision.

AHHH.. ok... then your comparison makes sense even down to the lower model...

But the newer models are WAY better than previous generations...

Lets not forget the ENTIRE reason the syncmaster LCDs came back down from the stratosphere in regards to cost was because of Dells beautiful monitors... they were literally taking over the large screen monitor sales...

So unless they make a bad one... I will also be sticking with Dell....

Mike A!

I should have them within a few days *woot*

I'll post pictures !

So I currently have 2x 19"
Each one has a dead pixel and one has a dead bug behind it (yay)

Was almost tempted by a 24" somewhere, but I really need at least 2 monitors.

Hit me up, I might be able to hook you up :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back