Monitor Advice - Two 24" LCD (which ones) or a 30"

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I need to upgrade my display at home, as I currently have a 2208WFP from Dell (awesome monitor). My workload is getting crazy and I need more real estate.

I have spent the better part of the last few days reading endless reviews online, and I'm leaning towards getting dual 24's from Dell (I think mlakrid and madmatt have those atm). For about the price of a 30, I can get two physical monitors, which is something I would prefer, and technically 48" of space. I know I could do window cascading and arranging in a 30, but not quite sure yet.

Any thoughts/feedback out there or opinions? I'd be leaning towards the 2408WFP most likely - would prefer dual 30" but don't want to add another video card to boot :D

Dell2407FP! I see these @ work all the time & they dont fail. Plus they are easy on the eyes.

If you need a lot of work space, dual displays will suit you better than a single one tbh.

You can use ultramon and divvy the screen up as needed, moving important apps and displaying them on both screens.

30 is better if you need a higher resolution, but not as much desktop-space.

Two monitors will definitely be better than the single 30".

Two 27" or 30" displays would be best.

I'm like 99.9% towards two monitors, but the 30 is so sexeh.

I did look at the 27's, but it's such a significant price difference for three extra inches and the same resolution.

Not deciding for another week or so, maybe I will go 27's, who knows :D

Get a 30" and a 20"-22". Second monitors are just for utility anyway.

I disagree. I use my second 24" just as much as my primary.

At work I have tow and I love it. At home I would just be fine with one..

I might get the 30?

What I meant is that I game and watch movies on one--the big "fun" monitor, thus the second is for utility (productivity, etc).

I just suggested a cheaper second monitor in case price might come into play.

Price not really coming into play as the upgrade is a necessity, and I want them to match :smoker:

I agree though that the second monitor is pretty important and I would prefer them to be the same size.

If you need a lot of work space, dual displays will suit you better than a single one tbh.

You can use ultramon and divvy the screen up as needed, moving important apps and displaying them on both screens.

30 is better if you need a higher resolution, but not as much desktop-space.

What he said, and you are right... dual 24's its STILL the SHIZNIZZLE!!

OR... wait until the third quarter of this year when the LCD production world wide is "supposedly" supposed to triple over what it has been... of course we have been hearing this for HOW long??

:laugh:

Mike A!

Last edited:
if you pay for the extra 3" you may stop getting those spam emails :p

if you pay for the extra 3" you may stop getting those spam emails :p

SEE... you are just like my wife... she told me to give her a full 8 inches...

I got mad and told her:

"for the last time woman, I am not cutting off three inches for you or anyone else"

:laugh:

Um, eww :eek:

I read a review the other day of a comporable 24", I believe either a Gateway or HP, that actually had 3 dual capable DVI inputs on it as well. Doesn't have the card reader or USB hub, but that's kind of like having a 2-port DVI KVM which would save me some loot.

Well I decided, I'm going with the 2408WFP. I can't be sure, but I think there are a few things that the 2407 didn't have. Either that, or I'm confused by all the reviews I read!

The 08 has 3000:1 Contrast, where I think the 07 had 1000:1. The 08 has two DVI Ports (one with HDCP), and I think the 07 only had one. The response time is 6ms and it's just a beauty

Will be buying them hopefully next week, can't wait :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back