mohaa problem, screenshot attached

M

mavis

Hi guys,

I posted this at Rage3D just now, but thought someone here might be able to help... I am having weird video problems in Medal of Honor Allied Assault, as my screenshot shows.

I don't have any extra stuff like Smoothvision (AA) or anisotropic filtering turned on, just max everything in the in-game settings...

Any ideas?

mavis

Screenshot

Do you get the same when your Radeon is NOT overclocked ? Could be a heat problem, but I'm no expert. As for the frame rate, I'm running :
Athlon 1900+
GeForce 3Ti500
256 MB DDR
Epox 8KHA+

I usually get 50 FPS rock solid, occasionally dropping to to 30-ish when it all goes off. So I would have thought yours should be slightly higher than mine - after all your CPU is faster n your Radeon is faster tham my GeForce (240/500).
Don't you just hate it when your system SHOULD be creaming the crap out of games like this, and then something like that happens and takes that broad grin of yer face. :(

Originally posted by avsdotcom
Don't you just hate it when your system SHOULD be creaming the crap out of games like this, and then something like that happens and takes that broad grin of yer face. :(

lol - tell me about it!!! Stupid ATi and their stupid drivers :) Actually, I was able to clear up the weird banding by disabling the 16bit z-buffer - I also disabled 32bit-16bit texture conversion, and sub-pixel accuracy. I got such an increase in performance that I was then able to turn on 32x anisotropic filtering as well as 4x AA, with exactly the same fps as I had before - and MUCH better image quality. Weird huh? Guess it was the force 32bit to 16bit thing... anyway it's much better now, playable fps and VASTLY improved IQ. Yay.

Stupid drivers. :)

mavis

Serious MOHAA problems

Hello all

I have a serious problem with MOHAA that i wonder if any of you know the answer to. (Full Version)

See when i start the game all is fine i can change settings in menu etc. BUT as soon as i click on "Training Course", The 1:st mission or try to "Host a game" The screen along with mouse freezes, a few secs later the music dies and the whole computer is frozen, i can't do anything. I've tried using minimum settings, running in "Safe Mode", reduced my 3d card acceleration 2 notches, tried it on a friends comp, i have latest drivers for motherboard, 3d card etc, i've checked the official homepage but it doesn't say anything about my prob, in another forum alot of people had same prob as me but no clue to what it was.

My specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon XP-1600 1,4 Ghz
Hercules MuseXL Soundcard
GeForce 2 Ti500 64 MB DDR
256 MB DDRAM 266Mhz
Nec DV-5800 DVD-ROM
Maxtor 40GB 7200 rpm

Anyone know what is wrong???

Bearded_Viking

I GET THOSE PROBLEMS

IN 16BIT MODE THE GRAPHICS ARE ALL MESSED UP.

so basicly dont use 16bit if you can.

i have a geforce 3 ti500 (not oc'd)

ati released drivers 2 days ago for your card. perhaps this will help. as for gforce man..i have no clue..crappy install perhaps?

lol im so poor (16 years old) and u dont wanna see the problems i have with MOHAA

Asus P3B-F
P3 500
320mb pc 100 ram
Ati Rage Fury 32mb @ 102.97mhz
Quantam Fireball 13gig
Western Digital 10gig
Pioneer 8x DVD 48x CD

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back