ModularTech TV tuner....

W

wildman69

Hi folks....
Anyone know of a suitable driver anywhere that will get my ModularTech MMC100 TV Tuner card to work under Win XP? It's fine under 98/ME with the supplied CD drivers, but the company have not seen fit to issue any further drivers. They used to state on their website that Win 2000 was a business only O/S and so they wouldn't bother with updating the drivers, and so far they don't even seem to have noticed XP come onto the marketplace!!!
The Win 98 drivers don't work, and won't work under Win XP's compatibility mode either. So, if anyone knows of a 'generic' or suitable driver that will work....thank you!!

I searched high and low on this and found nothing... The reason your drivers for 98 don't work in XP is because they are VxD drivers, not WDM drivers, used by 2K and XP. Try the two links below for generic drivers... the reason I have two links is you didn't specify whether you have an 848 or 878 chipset... Let me know if this works; then we can share this information with others.

http://drivers.aver.com/software/308software/Winxp.zip

http://drivers.aver.com/software/TV8482k.ZIP

I have an AverMedia TV98 TV Card and the drivers, once installed, are listed in Device Manager as being manufactured by Conexant, so I hope they truely are generic drivers, but again, let me know what happens... there is always more than one way to skin a cat...

pHatpHunky

Thanks for the reply, but I don't seem to be able to get access to them; I get a 'Forbidden, you don't have permission' error :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back